Skip to main content
Topic: 911 again bit np helicopter (Read 536 times) previous topic - next topic

911 again bit np helicopter

My wife dropped me off again so i could shed hunt.
When i didnt show at our predetermined rendevous site she got worried and called the rescue squad.
No helicopter but they sent up the drone. They also brought the K9 but in timbetwolf country could have been the makings for another heart event turned out good though. I had been on that trail already 100 times before that I turned my self around taking shortcuts to the main trail. I texted my wife several times that I wasn't on the main trail and that worried her. 60+ years I  never remember getting turned around like that. Dad did after his strokes. Another thing to worry about and work on. My normal "land marks" all but eluded me this time. Didn't find any sheds but it made an intetesting day, time for some brandy, I found my own way out at Odark30 and met a conservation officer on my way out. Haven't spent the night in the woods for many years but it did cross my mind, once it got dark i thought it might be time to start collecting firewood.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Re: 911 again bit np helicopter

Reply #1
No pictures but some of the guys I work with have been finding some nice moose and deer sheds plus a couple of deadheads that didn't live through winter.

Glad you made it out alright.
Dave

Reply #2
No pictures but some of the guys I work with have been finding some nice moose and deer sheds plus a couple of deadheads that didn't live through winter.

Glad you made it out alright.
thanks Dave the area i was in was littered with moosedroppings andi never dtoppef lookimg for paddles. I have many more places to look but my wife wont let me drive my truck.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #3
thanks Dave the area i was in was littered with moosedroppings andi never dtoppef lookimg for paddles. I have many more places to look but my wife wont let me drive my truck.

No offense Randy please but I did a little spell checking on your OP to make it easier to read. I hope that's OK, if not give me a good ass chewing. I can take it 😂 and you should probably take it out on me instead of the wife. Again glad you made it out in one piece.
Dave

Reply #4
No offense Randy please but I did a little spell checking on your OP to make it easier to read. I hope that's OK, if not give me a good ass chewing. I can take it 😂 and you should probably take it out on me instead of the wife. Again glad you made it out in one piece.
dave ive disabled autocorrect on myvphone. It was the source of a lotcof grammerical errors for me. It seems that the programmers of these features have a very limited vocabulary. When it replaced words it would be hard to read and not make sense. Sort ofclike my "fat thumb" posts. My aim whilectyping on this phone keyboard is ususalyvoff, my fingrrs are toofat. Ihave to hit each letter off to one side. Sorry for the typos.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #5
No problem Randy. We got your back. 👍
Type a couple pages if you want. We will figure it out.

Just thought of something - most cell phones have a section in the controls where you can select a larger typing window. Makes you text window smaller but it is definitely much easier to type in.

Reply #6
Might have to turn your phone sideways to use the larger keyboard.

Reply #7
Thajnks Jerry, i should have known better. Works great!
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #8
Thajnks Jerry, i should have known better. Works great!

No worries and no apology necessary, I'm far from grammar correct most of the time. Just glad you didn't take offense to me tidying it up.
Dave

Reply #9
No worries and no apology necessary, I'm far from grammar correct most of the time. Just glad you didn't take offense to me tidying it up.
no problem with your cleanup dave, when i see someonevelse mess up i want to straighten it oiutalso. Not their fault but aggravting to aee yhe mistake. No matter whete it is posted.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #10
Glad you made it out without incident.  The iphone has a "talk-to-text" feature, a little microphone icon on lower right side of the keyboard.  Please note that it does not care for my southern drawl....
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

Reply #11
Glad you made it out without incident.  The iphone has a "talk-to-text" feature, a little microphone icon on lower right side of the keyboard.  Please note that it does not care for my southern drawl....
they kept begging me to call 911 so they could locate me.  That explains the features of "life zalert" the internal gps in the phonres must spill location instantly in emergency calls. I knew exa tly where i was at all times. I did fire google earth up once to help me locate a trail i hsd been on many times.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #12
they kept begging me to call 911 so they could locate me.  That explains the features of "life zalert" the internal gps in the phonres must spill location instantly in emergency calls. I knew exa tly where i was at all times. I did fire google earth up once to help me locate a trail i hsd been on many times.my android doesnt have that feature, if it did, then it would have exploded everytime a piece of brush whipped me in the face! Wasnt a pleasant 3 hours by any stretch.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #13
You were lucky to get out alive!!  I hear that the woods in that part of Minnesota have a heavy infestation of Agropelters.

Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #14
You were lucky to get out alive!!  I hear that the woods in that part of Minnesota have a heavy infestation of Agropelters. Woodticks & treehuggers are the biggest pests in MN. They hate mining & pipelines & logging up here.after the fact, the thought of a K9 dog coming through the thickets in that timberwolf central area would have had me burrying my underwear.
The german shepard police dogs could eadily ne mistaken for a wolf by this sorry Finnlander
Often i have thought about carrying a gun in wolf country but the dog handler woulld/could have shot me for protecting myself. It just happened in Duluth a few weeks ago, a crook shot a police dog. Not a popular notion around hete.
Maybe a good movie plot. A story about an old lost hunter shot by the rescue squad once fpund.

Eric
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith