Skip to main content
Topic: Magneto speed woas (Read 211 times) previous topic - next topic

Magneto speed woas

My magneto speed has died. Shooting the 30tc/308 yesterday kept getting the bayo error. If i touched the cable where it enters the bottom of the bayonet the error code would go away. The magneto speed website shows that the cable has a plug on each end and gives the test procedure for checking the cable. My cable only plugs into the digital display unit and is  fixed permanently into the bayonet.
I wonder if fixing the wire permanent was a wrk around for the company to save money or unload some defective units. Mine was a sale unit for a buck and a half several years back. It's seen use almost 375 days a year since I got it.
I wonder if the cable somehow was damaged by using it in below zero temperatures.
I need it and am considering using my old shooting Chrony once again, it's been sitting since I bought the MS.
Now would be a good time to get the new fangled lab radar dtyle.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Re: Magneto speed woas

Reply #1
It sucks when stuff fails, I have not heard of the Magnetto breaking, until now. I only have a Shooting Crony myself and its ok, certainly could be better. I need a spotting scope before a new LR or MS.

Reply #2
Big shout out to magneto speed. Working with their tech support, it seems the two year warrantee will be great to replace my defective one.
I was able to come up with a 9 proof of purchase invoice by working with customer service at midway usa. Both companies have given me a smile today.
My project today was to build another stand for my old shooting Chrony.
The old stand was located 15 feet out in front of the shooting bench and included a light box which shrouded & filtered out the bright ambient light which caused errors and misreads. The box was constructed with 1/4 plywood and had two 2" diameter holes lo cared on the top to let in light above the sensors.
Coo ist days were always best. Bright sun caused failures and snow or frost blowing out of the trees did also. Obviously it did not work in the rain like magneto speed.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #3
Good news, ups says new one is on its way will be here tomorrow.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #4
New one worksgreat. Shot the 65-06overityesterdayadresultswereosiprise
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #5
You trying to leave us in suspense here Randy? What was the surprise? 😊