Skip to main content
Topic: Autotrickler V4 (Read 132 times) previous topic - next topic

Autotrickler V4

I said I wasn't going to order one, and I really meant it. I reserved one back in March, but I was not going to order one, no siree, not I.

Then I folded like a cheap tent last week and ordered one anyway :(

Should see it mid November or so according to the latest report from Adam.

Chris

Re: Autotrickler V4

Reply #1
Well, I thought about ordering it as well, but I've got a number of the Area 419 accessories and components for v3 which probably, or won't work with the v4. I like the newer technology, but I think I'll sit on the sidelines a bit for v4.

Reply #2
Well, I thought about ordering it as well, but I've got a number of the Area 419 accessories and components for v3 which probably, or won't work with the v4. I like the newer technology, but I think I'll sit on the sidelines a bit for v4.

Mine is a full-loaded Area 419 v3 as well. I have noticed lately my belt has started grinding the gears a bit, not sure if it's the belt or the pulleys, probably just needs a fresh belt. The thing I'll probably miss most is the drop tube, I doubt it'll fit the v4. The rest of it won't matter as the v4 has all the "stuff" in one assembly.

I'll probably end up selling the v3 as-is with the Area 419 upgrades, end up keeping just the scale.
Chris

Reply #3
Having seen a few videos of v4, I'm hoping that Area 419 will add in some new options for that version. In particular, I'd like to be able to keep their machined self centering tray and powder cup, but with the different drop tube location in V4, I'm not sure how that will work out.

Also, I like the Area 419 Pyrex hopper tube that I currently have with my V3. I don't change powders a lot, currently only reloading for 2 rifles and one pistol caliber, but I do like the idea of the V4 coarse drop arrangement, and easier cleaning between powders.  But, not in a major rush to change just yet.

Reply #4
I'm doing beta testing on the V4.  It is a very nice piece of equipment, major improvement on a very good system..  I use the 419 cup, but ditched the centering tray on my old V3 setup.  With V4, I just placed the printed center piece where I wanted the 419 cup to be placed on the scale plate.  The cup location is at the edge of the scale plate.

I also used the 419 powder hopper with V3.  The V4 hopper will hold over a pound of powder. 
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance