Skip to main content
Topic: ELD-X terminal performance  (Read 204 times) previous topic - next topic

ELD-X terminal performance

I have been using the ELD-X exclusively in my 6.5 and my sons.243.. I have been pretty impressed with these so far…been kicking my self in the backside for letting those bulk packs of ELD-Xs to get away from me but I have some 142 grn Nosler Accubonds up next to try.
Rick

Re: ELD-X terminal performance

Reply #1
Rick,
Lots of other great hunting bullets.  But, like ELD-X, pretty scarce.  140 AB, 142 ABLR, 130 &140 Bergers and 130 Scirocco's have been accurate and lethal on deer and feral hogs.  I am a dedicated Berger fan because of past results and the accuracy from every stick I have run them through.  My brother shoots 140 AB's in his CM with excellent results.
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #2
Rick,
Lots of other great hunting bullets.  But, like ELD-X, pretty scarce.  140 AB, 142 ABLR, 130 &140 Bergers and 130 Scirocco's have been accurate and lethal on deer and feral hogs.  I am a dedicated Berger fan because of past results and the accuracy from every stick I have run them through.  My brother shoots 140 AB's in his CM with excellent results.
Wayne
Wayne I am new to loading for the 6.5 and I am testing multiple bullets....thats a good thing as I like pulling the trigger....lol...I have plans to try the Bergers and Sciroccos as well...after a comprehensive evaluation I will settle on one for the depredation control...I like to settle into one load and leave things alone after that...i have been using RL-16 and I am really liking it as well...I picked up some CCI 200s from my buddy that will be used in the next range visit....I was able to score some lapua brass for my sons .243...pretty excited about that!
Rick

Reply #3
Your regimen for ammo choice a lot like mine.  About thirty days out from the first hunt, have a "shoot off."  Two or three proven hunting loads with different bullets. One that shoots the tightest wins.  Stick with that load till season is over.  140 Berger Elite Hunter usually nudges out ELD-X and Nosler AB, two awesome hunting bullets,  just because it shoots so small.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #4
I have 300 ELDx's still and they shoot well but I used my Berger 140 VLDH though as they shoot too good, two dead deer at 150 and 200 yards, the bullet speed is low enough that they did not blow up, but did cause massive trauma.