Skip to main content
Topic: 120 ELDM’s (Read 240 times) previous topic - next topic

120 ELDM’s

Anyone have luck with these?
My rifle has good results with 140’s, has anyone been able to tune both a heavy and lighter billet from the same rifle?
I found some 120’s, might buy them just cause they are available.

Re: 120 ELDM’s

Reply #1
I've never shot them and honestly I've never tried to tune the same barrel with a light and heavy bullet.
 I'd really like to see a 125 - 135 ELD X, it would make a nice do it all bullet that could carry some velocity without getting crazy over pressure IMHO.
Dave

Reply #2
Never shot those bullets.
Yes you can tune 1 rifle to shoot light and heavy bullets.
Have a 6x47 that shoots 103g bullets and it shoots 75g
V-max's very good also. ( for coyote's)

Reply #3
My tikka t3x lite likes the 120 eldm. It also likes a 140 eldm and a 107 blitz king..
Grant

Reply #4
My tikka t3x lite likes the 120 eldm. It also likes a 140 eldm and a 107 blitz king..
That got my attention. I'm about to load for a Tikka Lite and decided to go lighter than the 140gn class I used for paper. My idea is that a well constructed lighter bullet travelling a bit faster should be better from a hunting perspective. As I limit myself to 200m shots on game, the extra BC afforded by bullets heavier than 130gn shouldn't be an issue.

Reply #5
I been using Berger 135gr. CHB for hunting whitetail, with no PROBLEMS. Hornady 95gr Vmax for varmints.  My gun a Remington 700 with 22" barrel.  I have killed five deer with it(325yrd longest).  I have plenty of bullets loaded. But like all bullets now are HARD to find if ever.   I just brought a like new Ruger #1 in 6.5CRM.  Then I found on Red River Reloading some 120gr Nosler BT. in stock.   I order two boxes(100). Loading data shows close to 3000 with two different powder which I have.   be two weeks before I get all put together. The powder that works well in the Remington is RL16 Bergers and H414 for the Hornady,     
Remington 700 6.5CRM Vortex Viper 6-20x44