Skip to main content
Topic: Local NBRSA Match (Read 515 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Local NBRSA Match

Reply #15
Just heard this morning that the competitor that took the 1st place honors also looks to have set two new records for NBRSA 600 yard competition.   He set a new record for aggregate Heavy Gun Score at 294-9X and for aggregate 2 Gun Score at 440-13X.  This is not official but is being submitted for the verification.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #16
Cool! Hope those targets were secured correctly.

Reply #17
Just heard this morning that the competitor that took the 1st place honors also looks to have set two new records for NBRSA 600 yard competition.   He set a new record for aggregate Heavy Gun Score at 294-9X and for aggregate 2 Gun Score at 440-13X.  This is not official but is being submitted for the verification.

Who would that be Bob?
Dave

Reply #18
I shot in our local NBRSA 600 yard match today.  The conditions were just the opposite of last month.  It was sunny, a bit chilly but not cold, and little to no wind.  It was a perfect day to shoot.  So we had 21 competitors at the match and with these conditions, I was expecting the competition to be strong.

I shot the 6mm Grendel in the light gun rounds and then the 6.5 CM in the heavy gun (it is not really a heavy gun but wanted to see how it would do).  The Grendel started out really strong with a 2.069" group but faded some in the later groups.  The 6.5CM brought home the bacon and kept me in 2nd place for Heavy Gun group and score.  I finished the day 2nd overall with a number of second place finishes along the way.   

There were a number of really great groups and scores achieved but not by me.   I felt like the racer that never won a race but won the championship.....consistent toward the top finishes won out.  So I didn't have the best of any score but I was very consistent at being in the mix and ultimately finished well.
congrats Bob job well done
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #19
hey bob how did your match go this week...
Grant

Reply #20
hey bob how did your match go this week...

Just got done cleaning the rifles and myself.  I did well :)

Our normal matches are on a Sunday but due to a conflict, it was moved to the following Monday...today.  The day was overcast and with some twitchy wind coming from between 7-8  O'clock.   I shot the 6.5CM in the light gun and the 6.5-284 in the heavy gun competitions.  I tell you, I am loving the CM....it really delivers.  The wind was proving to be a challenge but there was a point where the flags just dropped and were still.   This was just after the sighter period.  So I decided to go for it rather than wait for the conditions to return.  I had some windage dialed in so I held to the right(best guess) to compensate and put 5 shots down range as quickly as I could before the wind came back up.  This got me the first spot in light gun group with a 2.7" group.  I didn't hold off enough but they at least all landed in the blue.

The 6.5-284 did well in the wind and was consistent but not great.  I still need to work on this load some more.  But it was solid enough for a 2nd and 4th position and with the 6.5CM performance netted me first place in 2 gun/6 target group and score and a 1st place overall for the match.

So it was a pretty good day if I say so myself.
Bob

Reply #21
Woo hoo... way to go bob.. thats a heck of a group there.. very nice.. well done sir.. 👍👍
Grant

Reply #22
Very nice Bob, gotta love a 2 gun win!
Dave

Reply #23
That’s great Bob, congratulations!

Reply #24
Super cool!!! 😂. I’m very happy for you Bob. You’ve invested a lot of time in practice and reloading refinements. It’s paying off and you deserve the accolades. 👍

Reply #25
Super cool!!! 😂. I’m very happy for you Bob. You’ve invested a lot of time in practice and reloading refinements. It’s paying off and you deserve the accolades. 👍

The LG win is cool but the 2 gun win says he didn't just get lucky and his reloading is on point.

Great job again Bob!!
Dave

Reply #26
I read a old thread the other day and one post in it was bob talking about signing up for a long range class.. the thread was 3 or 4 years old.. bob you have come along way since then.. along with alot of us on here.. the results speaks volumes of what this forum has to offer.. kuddos to bob for investing in the time and effort it takes to get where he is..
Grant

Reply #27
Thanks guys....it means a lot coming from you.  I have the utmost respect for the talent and skills that you bring to this forum.  You have definitely been a key part of this success.   Thank you !!!

Racing season is starting next week and the next few matches conflict with my racing schedule.  So I will still be able to make the practice session but I'll miss most of the matches until fall.  So I peaked just in time.

I am starting to hear a lot of comments from my fellow competitors about not being able to continue to shoot due to lack of components (primers, powder and bullets).  The range turn out at the public benches is way down too due to lack of ammunition. It may be getting difficult to hold matches later in the year if this shortage continues and I hope the range will still have enough income to operate.   I figure I'm good for the remainder of the year but then I'm going to be out.
Bob

Reply #28
Great shooting bob...time to get the race car ready.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #29
Great shooting bob...time to get the race car ready.

Thanks Randy.  It is getting loaded into the trailer tomorrow....all set to go.

You take care of yourself and get back on your feet.....and behind a rifle.  Thanks for keeping us aware of your progress.
Bob