Skip to main content
Topic: Reasons to smile! (Read 480 times) previous topic - next topic

Reasons to smile!

Maybe some of you remember my granddaughter Kyra, i had posted a picture of her and a bear she shot with this same .243.
She is smiling here with the doe she bagged yesterday in WI.
But she had a much bigger reason to smile today as her mother Jenna is home from 11 days in the hospital fighting Covid.  She is still on oxygen but a turnaround from dire potential consequences has made a brighter outlook for her and her family.
Just wanted to take a moment and thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers for Jenna.
Thanks & God bless,
Randy
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Re: Reasons to smile!

Reply #1
That is wonderful news about Jenna. Thanks for sharing Randy. Great news for the whole family.

Reply #2
Great news Randy, glad she's improving.
Dave

Reply #3
Randy we will be adding Jena to our list of prayers for those fighting covid!

What an awesome time for your granddaughter celebrate the passion for the outdoors and moms return home! I have seen the impact it has on kids when parents take ill. My 6 could not wait to come see me when i returned home it was a very warm reunion!

I can just see that pretty smile on her face as mom returns, prayers for your  entire family! 

Reply #4
Congrats to your Grand Daughter,  and glad to hear,  things are getting better,  on the home front.
Mark

Reply #5
Wisconsin's  regular deer season closed Sunday.  Muzzleloader season started yesterday. Jenna's homecoming pretty much kept everyone occupied   at my son Jim's house.

Update, Jenna has been getting a little stronger each day and Jim said tonight she was able to prepare a light supper.

Jim was able to get out with his CVA this afternoon and found this guy feeding on acorns.  He texted me this picture a little while ago.  

Hope things keep looking up for everybody as we all continue to battle the unknown.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #6
Randy,
We are all relieved Jenna is beating the Rona.  Big smiles at the pics of the deer your crew has taken.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #7
Not being allowed to drive is getting real old, real fast. I hate missing out on moments like this.
Kyra's  third or fourth turkey. Her high school softball team won last night 25-1 also. Another thing I've missed is watching her play. She is their catcher.  She also ended up all conference in basketball with a 19+ point/game average. Quite the athlete and hunter. I'm very proud of her. She just got her drivers licence6 so my next guess she will want to drive and compete in her dad's  dirt modified race car.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #8
That’s a NICE Tom she got there.

Reply #10
Nice bird for sure.. and she's all smiles.. thats the main thing..
Grant

Reply #11
they said 22 pounds with 11" beard and 1-1/2" spurs.

Randy,
That is a mature, wise gobbler.  The toughest to call and kill. Pass on my congratulations.
Wayne

If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #12
Well Chase getting to be quite the turkey guide.
Here he is with today's hunt and little brother Colby.
THE other picture is a turkey chase shot while hunting with a Michigan buddy he met in college.
Chase also picked up another 2 big tos in Wisconsin this year .
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #13
Having never shot a turkey? Ive got advance booking with chase to help me check off turkey on my bucket list. In wi you have to apply in december to draw a permit.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #14
Kick in the butt to take that Tom during his strut. 😊