News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Sellier & bellot

Started by Holzmeister, June 21, 2019, 05:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holzmeister

I just tried some of the Sellier & Bellot 6,5 CREEDMOOR FMJBT  140 GRS and it was excellent. For 20.00 CAD  ( about 5.50 USD  ::) ) it proved to be quite accurate and grouped quite well @ 300M .  I would have shot more but in my part of Ontario Canada the mosquitoes are maddening! 

Downeast

I have to agree. It's generally excellent ammo for the price. I bought some for my .338 LM and found out that it was loaded with Sierra HPBT's. I never have seen any 6.5 ammo on the shelves locally but I would not hesitate to purchase some. Does anyone know what brand of brass they use?
IMPORTANT: These comments may contain information that is erroneous, false, or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor, or irrational religious beliefs. Any opinions expressed are my own and generally unpopular with others.

icebug

AFAIK, they make their own brass in Czech Republic

Longhair

I broke my Howa in with it because it's half the price of Hornady ELD-M. It shoots well, but when I switched to Hornady ammo my groups closed up a fair bit.
And yes, it's their own brass. I haven't started reloading it yet, so I haven't done any comparison measuring yet, but it looks good for what that's worth.
Stay Out Of My Psychosis!

MTMAN

I have noticed that it is very hard brass. It has the most resistance in the forming die of any brass I've tried. The brass I have was not fired in my rifles, so won't know for sure till I load them.

Bray Clouse

Not sure if my last reply posted it doesn't show up but a salesman at my local gun shop recommended it to me for a fairly priced ammo with good performance and I honestly loved it! I used it to sight in my ruger American predator with a nicon prostaff p5 and it grouped very well at 250.

Hawkeye_12

Midway USA has their 6.5 ammo for about $13 a box. i bought about 160 rounds and used it to break in my Rugar Predator rifle and i am fixing to reload it along with some Hornady brass and do a side by side comparison for velocity and then grouping.

gman47564

hawkeye i dont know what brass sellier and bellot uses but the internal capacity may be different than the hornady.... so you will probably want to do separate load work ups for each brand... chances are what works well in one wont in the other if theirs much difference in capacity...
Grant

Hawkeye_12

Quote from: gman47564 on May 17, 2020, 04:15:16 PMhawkeye i dont know what brass sellier and bellot uses but the internal capacity may be different than the hornady.... so you will probably want to do separate load work ups for each brand... chances are what works well in one wont in the other if theirs much difference in capacity...

i had already decided to do just that. that way its a side by side comparison. same load workup with both brass to compare how each does with velocity and accuracy.

missippyman

I'd like to thank you for this thread. I went, right before the great shortage of 2020, to the LGS and bought 100 rounds of it. I haven't gotten to shoot any yet, but now I'm antsy to get to the range with it.

Ric

Quote from: Hawkeye_12 on May 17, 2020, 03:11:10 PMMidway USA has their 6.5 ammo for about $13 a box. i bought about 160 rounds and used it to break in my Rugar Predator rifle and i am fixing to reload it along with some Hornady brass and do a side by side comparison for velocity and then grouping.
I wished, this was still the case lol