News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

What are your most useful tools

Started by mnbogboy, September 24, 2021, 12:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mnbogboy

My two most useful shooting/reloading/ gunsmithing tools are my magnetospeed chronograph and my Teslong bore camera. Now add in my wheeler engineering action wrench, barrel vise and "fat" wrench. Various other important tools are a couple of barrel nut wrenches and a 12" adjustable wrench ( crescent)
Peterson vise grips, 6 inch bench vise, a couple of 50-60 year old Herters reloading presses assorted screwdrivers, combination wrenches and a bfn
A couple of electric hand drills and an angle grinder.
All these tools get used often if not every day and are important to most activities that concern firearms & shooting.
Oops, forgot to mention the dremmel rotary tool.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

jvw2008

Ha Ha Randy you are right. Seems like they are all essential. My favorite at any point in time is the one I happen to be using at that point in time. And my most coveted is the one I think I really need and don't have. ????

In the auto mechanic world you often hear them say, "he who has the most tools is King!" 

I have a retired friend who has a 3000 sq ft metal building full of  bench equipment. He is a pretty decent machinist with a couple lathes, a Bridgeport mill, precision grinders, etc. His favorite project is to make a tool, to make a tool, to make a final tool that will work better than any other tool he already has. He is a bit of a mad scientist and it is a real kick to watch his inventiveness in action.

Windsage

I think my most useful tool is Excel.  Without it I would have data scattered across a million pieces of paper, and most of them would be lost.

Jon D

A simple and cheap one

12x Loupe

LeadHammer

For me atm, I would say my Mic seating dies, and my web camera and 20" monitor or whatever size it is, makes the 5-0-5 super easy to read. Saves my neck.
It's probably easier to pick the least favorite.

sportacus

Nay, nay.  AL Gore's Internet.  Can find ammo. components, reloading guidance, hunting tips and fellowship/brotherhood.  ;)
If you have the shot, take it.

mnbogboy

Quote from: sportacus on February 21, 2022, 05:20:35 PMNay, nay.  AL Gore's Internet.  Can find ammo. components, reloading guidance, hunting tips and fellowship/brotherhood.  ;)
some days you can't find your lost mind because of it.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith