News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Calling all NRA high power shooters

Started by thatmarine, July 18, 2021, 06:21:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatmarine

BLUF: Can someone help me understand how the NRA awards points towards the distinguished shooting badges? Bonus points if you can explain how the USMC distinguished shooting badges play into these points? I know it has something to do with the national level matches, but are their qualifiers for these matches? Can you earn points off the qualifiers?

I have googled for hours and i can't find a straight answer to the question.

Thanks.

rardoin

Don't feel alone. I shoot F class and there are very few, if any, EIC leg matches available in my area. Easier if you are a sling shooter. I would ask the same question on AccurateShooter and I think you will get solid answers from the many DR that frequent the site.

Robin

thatmarine

Quote from: rardoin on July 18, 2021, 10:25:38 AMDon't feel alone. I shoot F class and there are very few, if any, EIC leg matches available in my area. Easier if you are a sling shooter. I would ask the same question on AccurateShooter and I think you will get solid answers from the many DR that frequent the site.

Robin

Do you know how the scoring goes though?

Thanks Robin!

rardoin

rardoin

OK Josh, you had me interested again in obtaining a Distinguished Rifleman badge.  I did some online searching and noted on the NRA competitors section that the NRA instituted a DR program for High Power Rifle in 2017; I thought I still had to shoot CMP EIC matches to qualify.  I was wrong.  Attached is the link to the page on the NRA site:  https://competitions.nra.org/results-and-records/distinguished-program/

They refer to pages 83-84 in the NRA HP rulebook but, in true NRA confusing fashion, it is actually pages 90-91.  In summary 'steps' are awarded for finishing in the top 10% of the qualifying tournaments which are NRA registered state, regional, and national championships.  Only 2 steps can be earned in a given year and one of the 4 steps required for the award must be at a NRA national championship.

thatmarine

Quote from: rardoin on July 19, 2021, 04:29:01 PMOK Josh, you had me interested again in obtaining a Distinguished Rifleman badge.  I did some online searching and noted on the NRA competitors section that the NRA instituted a DR program for High Power Rifle in 2017; I thought I still had to shoot CMP EIC matches to qualify.  I was wrong.  Attached is the link to the page on the NRA site:  https://competitions.nra.org/results-and-records/distinguished-program/

They refer to pages 83-84 in the NRA HP rulebook but, in true NRA confusing fashion, it is actually pages 90-91.  In summary 'steps' are awarded for finishing in the top 10% of the qualifying tournaments which are NRA registered state, regional, and national championships.  Only 2 steps can be earned in a given year and one of the 4 steps required for the award must be at a NRA national championship.

Awesome thank you!

Downeast

IMPORTANT: These comments may contain information that is erroneous, false, or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor, or irrational religious beliefs. Any opinions expressed are my own and generally unpopular with others.

thatmarine

Quote from: Downeast on July 20, 2021, 04:33:02 AMHere ya go! They should have what you want.

https://thea.com/Pins-Patches-Nra-Sharpshooter/

;D  8)

Thanks, but am i missing something. The link was just pins and patches....i am looking for the rules on how to earn said pins and patches. Basicly im looking for the process or which comps i need to go to to earn points....

rardoin

Quote from: thatmarine on July 22, 2021, 02:50:16 AMThanks, but am i missing something. The link was just pins and patches....i am looking for the rules on how to earn said pins and patches. Basicly im looking for the process or which comps i need to go to to earn points....

See my link to NRA site.  Eric was tongue in cheek  :))

thatmarine

Quote from: rardoin on July 22, 2021, 09:38:28 AMSee my link to NRA site.  Eric was tongue in cheek  :))

Haha i gotcha. Thank....