News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

coax press question ?

Started by gman47564, June 24, 2019, 05:52:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

this may be a silly question but what do you guys use to lube the rams on your presses ? or do you oil them at all...
Grant

jvw2008

I don't know if it's the best choice, but I use a gun grease.

gman47564

I have been using a light film of lucas gun oil but didn't know if I should be using something else or nothing at all... curious what everybody else is using...
Grant

DDRH65CM

MPro 7 CLP, smells good and works better than plain CLP

autoxforfun

Same here......I use MPro 7 CLP

Bob
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

SwampDog_13

Outlier here, I've never put anything on them

Fuj

Clean rubbing areas with acetone, and a light coat of Lithium
grease.

Orezona

I believe the manual says gun oil and why I use Shooter's Choice FP-10.

sako52

Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Homebrewer

I clean/lube my coax rams with HOS.

CaptGrumpy

I clean the ram with charcoal lighter fluid and let it dry. This is a petroleum based product that I use to clean and lube my triggers. It dries and does not attract grime  yet keeps things sliding smoothly. You might also try the Hornady One Shot lubricant spray. Grease attracts dirt faster than bare metal.
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard

lg65cmsd

I use Hornady One Shot case lube.  I think any lube would work gman.  I would not use grease because it can be a dust magnet.  But gun oils,  edited-, Ballistol, etc .   In this application, IMO, lube is lube. 

quick edit- Capt Grumpy says NO to WD 40.   I've used it on tools working on live aboard dive boats (salt water environment) shotguns, and M-60 MGs.  Never had a rust problem.  But, I have not used it on my Forster Coax press, so will defer to Captain Grumpy and remove my reco to use it on your Coax.

Denver Steve

i prefer any lube with PTFE(teflon) in it. i like the super lube that john deere has. its wicked stuff.

CaptGrumpy

Quote from: Denver Steve on July 07, 2019, 03:54:43 AMi prefer any lube with PTFE(teflon) in it. i like the super lube that john deere has. its wicked stuff.

It is probably cheaper than anything that says for a firearm as well. Teflon is fantastic. Gotta keep that in mind as I am out shopping for a tractor for my place in Idaho. Torn between JD and Kabota.
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard