Skip to main content
Topic: H335 load data 6.5CM  (Read 170 times) previous topic - next topic

H335 load data 6.5CM

Hello All,

Anybody have some load data with 140/147 ELD-M with H335 powder?
 Thanks.

Re: H335 load data 6.5CM

Reply #1
Assuming you mean for 6.5 Creedmoor, I could not find that powder/bullet range in my Hornady 10th edition reloading manual. Maybe the new version has something.
Chris

Reply #2
Checked my 11th edition, and nothing there. Fastest powder listed with data is Varget. Hodgdon's web site doesn't list any data either.
Peace was my Profession

Reply #3
Very fast burn rate for a Creedmoor, not saying it couldn't be done but I would bet case fill would be very low. I've tested similar rate powders in a 6.5x47 Lapua improved and with no starting load data you run the risk of starting too low and having the real possibility of a low pressure situation and if you start to high an over pressure.
On the 47L velocities were great but before I got any bolt lift I severely loosened primer pockets. This was with H4895 & AR Comp both slightly slower than H335

I'd seriously consider a different powder with data for the cartridge you're shootin.
Dave

Reply #4
Can't find any load data for the 6.5 creedmoor with H335 powder. I did find some with Winchester 748 though. Which in most cartridges is very similar. But they only show that up to 130 grain bullets. H335 could be used with decent performance on very light bullets but won't get the best velocity with heavier bullets, will have very low case fill and spike in pressures very quickly.

If you can't find any other powders and have to use it then you probably can use it if you work up a load very carefully and aren't looking for very high velocity.

32.5 grains will give you roughly 70% case fill depending on which brass you are using. I would not go under that to start. And that is kind of where the problem lies. You will start to be getting up to max pressure shortly after that. Pressures will build quick and very suddenly with small charge increases when using that fast of powder with heavier rounds. Great care must be taken if you plan on trying to use the combo you are asking about.

Reply #5
Can't find any load data for the 6.5 creedmoor with H335 powder. I did find some with Winchester 748 though. Which in most cartridges is very similar. But they only show that up to 130 grain bullets. H335 could be used with decent performance on very light bullets but won't get the best velocity with heavier bullets, will have very low case fill and spike in pressures very quickly.

If you can't find any other powders and have to use it then you probably can use it if you work up a load very carefully and aren't looking for very high velocity.

32.5 grains will give you roughly 70% case fill depending on which brass you are using. I would not go under that to start. And that is kind of where the problem lies. You will start to be getting up to max pressure shortly after that. Pressures will build quick and very suddenly with small charge increases when using that fast of powder with heavier rounds. Great care must be taken if you plan on trying to use the combo you are asking about.

Very well said!

What I was getting at in my post but yours is very detailed, thank you!
Dave

Reply #6
Thanks for the info all I’m just going to wait and hopefully score some H4350 next couple weeks.

Reply #7
Chris h reloader 16 is a really good powder for the 6.5 creedmoor as well if you can find it.. same with imr 4451
Grant

Reply #9
If you end up trying H335, post your results. Would be  interesting what type of speed and accuracy you get out of it with heavy bullets.

Reply #10
It appears that you like "ball" powder..... try Stabal6.5 from Winchester.  It seems to be available at most suppliers now.  I have had great results using it at around 43.2 to 43.8 grs with 140 gr, class of bullets.  It meters like water and can be dropped from powder measure or weighed using electronic scale.measures.  I hope this helps.
Mike