January 24, 2022, 05:57:38 PM

News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Insane

Started by LeadHammer, January 07, 2022, 04:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadHammer

We have an auction store for gun related stuff. I see Retumbo currently at $405 for 2 lbs. sigh, maybe an asteroid might hit soon lol.

HufD63

So a guy would get 280 rounds at 50 grains. $1.45 per round plus about 70 cents for a primer and bullet and you're over $2 per round on a handload.
50 grains is likely a small Retumbo load LOL
Dave

LeadHammer

The only way this is ok, and it's even pushing it, is if that 2 lbs would last the shooter his lifetime. Buy it and be done with it so to speak.

bikemutt

I'm stayin' clear of Retumbo,, if 2lbs, 280 rounds, lasts me the rest of my life, that means I'm checking out in November  :o 
Chris

LeadHammer

Some guys may only shoot 20 or less rounds per year for hunting or whatever.

mnbogboy

Quote from: bikemutt on January 08, 2022, 07:24:01 AMI'm stayin' clear of Retumbo,, if 2lbs, 280 rounds, lasts me the rest of my life, that means I'm checking out in November  :o 
Chris, don't be checking out in november! I'm the only one on here who's been knocking on heaven's gatethisyear! Besides I haventbeen cleared to drive yet so i think driving clear to Oregon to attend a funeral is beyondmypay grade. Maybe I can drive asfaraswilliston and Dave can drivetherest of theway. Remember were all in this game together and keep your stick on the ice
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith