News:

New Members start here.

Main Menu

Got me a new rig..

Started by gman47564, July 17, 2021, 03:23:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadHammer

Quote from: autoxforfun on November 27, 2021, 06:36:26 PMI especially dislike working on mechanical stuff when it is cold.....

Hands hurt much worse when you wack them on stuff, plus side is the blood won't flow as fast. Lol

LeadHammer

Quote from: HufD63 on November 28, 2021, 09:49:18 AMI've got an 86 Suzuki Samurai that needs a clutch. Can't remember the Year but I also have an 8 valve EFI Geo Tracker that needs a fuel pump and a little suspension work.
My 40' x 64' shop is so full I don't see either happening anytime soon LOL

Those things are fun.
Buddy has destroyed a few over the years. Swapped lots of engines, holes in the block, diff housing breaking etc. It does not help with the bigger tires and jumping it.

mnbogboy

Quote from: gman47564 on July 18, 2021, 07:18:01 AMI have two more things to do to it.. the electric fan to the radiator wont come on.. and has to be replaced.. can still drive it around a good while before it gets anywhere near hot. And also put some new digger tires on it..
theremusteasesor thetcotrolstherelay/ecu andtellsitwhetotirnthefanon! Alsoitaybeabletobehotwiredtorunupon demand. Therearetempcontrolsyouan buyonamaxon/ebay thatwillserveasa relay. I knowiboughtoneforrunnigmywthewaterpump goryhotwateriy camper. I will digitoutand you can haveitifyoufindyourelectricfan motorworkswhenyouhotwireit. It will bepaybackfore the lyman auto chargeyousetme! Ifyoufigureoutwhichwireisthehotpositivewireteiwilldrawyouasheaticofhowtowiretisterostat ithasasesorbub whichyouanprobalytapetotheupperradiatorhoseorsoehowtothetoptak italsohasadigitalreadoutforteperature.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

gman47564

Thanks for the offer randy but i got it working a while back.. i just ran a hot wire to it with a on/off switch inside the cab.
Grant

gman47564

Giving the mini a few upgrades.. starting with a set of progressive rate coil springs for the front..the front coil springs on these little trucks are soft.. if you hit much of a hole the suspension bottoms out.. they say these new progressive rate springs i ordered are the perfect fix for it.. plus they raise the front about a inch and a half.. which mine needs to level it out.. next is a old school thrush muffler for it.. hopefully that will give it a little more soul to the sound of it.. 😁  last but not least im making some fender flares for it.. the tires stick out from the fender wells and slings mud all down the side of it.. had enough of that..lol

All in all the little truck is running like a sewing machine.. fun as heck to cruise around on the back roads in..
Grant

autoxforfun

Sounds like great improvements.  So when is the V8 going in?
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

I seen a guy on you tube had put a v8 in one.. lol.. im sure that would be a hand full.. dont think i will be doing that any time soon.. lol..
Grant

MJeff23

Haven't seen a thrush muffler, much less said the words, since high school in early 80's.  Surprised they are still being manufactured.  Definitely post a pic when it is installed!
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

gman47564

Grant

gman47564

Jeff you was the cool kid back in the 80's if you had thrush mufflers on your ride.. 😁
Grant

MJeff23

Grant, great looking flares.  And without a doubt, only cool kids had thrush mufflers. 
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

gman47564

My progressive coil springs came Thursday.. got up bright and early this morning and went to work on installing them.. i knew in advance i had to make something to compress the coils so i fabricated a couple things that i could hook over the coils and then tighten them down to compress the springs last week.. worked perfect.. took me a couple hours to do both sides.. got it all back together and wow.. they really set the truck up nice in the front end.. raised the front a inch and a half after a test drive.. huge difference in how it rides and handles now.. very happy with the improvement the springs made.. got that all done then put my exhaust on.. just tickled to death how the little truck is today.. all smiles..

A pick as it sets now..
https://photos.app.goo.gl/8rDd5WLmxH342xA36

My front bumper is now 18 inches off the ground.. 😁
Grant

LeadHammer

Looks awesome Grant.

mnbogboy

11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

gman47564

A little update on the mini truck.. i have been enjoying my little mini truck trouble free for months and months now.. killed several critters from it out driving around on the back roads.. its what i use to load all my gear up on to go shoot long range down in the bottoms.. not a week goes by that im not out driving around somewhere in it.. last saturday me and my girlfriend took it down in the river bottoms and down on a big sand bar and just enjoyed the view.. put it back in the garage when we got home and all was good.. went out to the garage sunday morning and the mini had sprung a leak.. big puddle of anti freeze under it.. figured i must have tore a hose or something like that but nope.. the dang waterpump was leaking.. grrr couldn't be something easy.. so i called a place in Missouri and they had one in stock and 2 days later it was on my porch.. so this morning i tore into it and got it replaced.. quiet a chore im telling ya.. electric fan and radiator had to come out.. a cover behind all the pulleys had to come off to even see the pump and it also revealed a timing belt that had to come off.. but after about 4 hours shes all back together.. no leaks.. so hopefully i can go back to enjoying several more trouble free months in the mini..
Grant