January 24, 2022, 05:32:25 PM

News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Did you shoot today?

Started by gman47564, July 02, 2021, 03:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

that range looks like alot of fun.. bet you guys had a blast...
Grant

gman47564

Playing with the big boys today.. a matching pair of rim fires.. ????
The little rpr 22lr and a 17hmr.. the 22 rpr loves the ar tactical cci's. It will flat out shoot at 50 yards with them.. the recoil is horrendous though.. ???? had to put a brake on it.. lmao.. had one laying around and thought why not.. cool looking any way.. lol
Cold and rainy out today so its a good day to set in the man cave and shoot the rimfires..
Grant

autoxforfun

The 22rf are fun to shoot.....easy to go thru a lot of rounds.  The great thing is that there is no brass to clean after your done.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

I did shoot today.. lol  shot my ar 6.5 creedmoor about 25 times.. fun gun to shoot and pretty pleased with how its shooting.. i will say this. Driving a ar is a bit different than driving a bolt gun.. alot going on there after you pull the trigger on a ar.. tougher to shoot than a bolt gun for me .. but i was smacking a 2 inch plate with it about 70% of the time at 430 yards.. im happy with that..
Grant

autoxforfun

Quote from: gman47564 on December 12, 2021, 08:43:06 AMI did shoot today.. lol  shot my ar 6.5 creedmoor about 25 times.. fun gun to shoot and pretty pleased with how its shooting.. i will say this. Driving a ar is a bit different than driving a bolt gun.. alot going on there after you pull the trigger on a ar.. tougher to shoot than a bolt gun for me .. but i was smacking a 2 inch plate with it about 70% of the time at 430 yards.. im happy with that..

I find shooting a Benchrest bolt gun is different than a chassis bolt gun and different from an AR.  Each takes me awhile to get used before they start grouping well.  Kinda like jumping into a car you've never raced.....it takes a bit to get the feel of it.  With the AR, I do find I shoot a lot more rounds....something about just pulling the trigger.   I love shooting the Grendel AR at steel....very effective out to 550 yards.
Bob

gman47564

Shot my 6br a little yesterday and again a little this evening.. cloudy and about 55 degrees with a light wind of 6mph hitting me in the back..
   Made me a new target for my 430 yard range.. its a square plate that measures 11/2"x11/2".. after 3 or 4 shots on my big plate to get things lined up good i went 3 for 3 on the little plate..
Shooting a 107 gr. Seirra match king with re 15.. shoots them pretty well..  :D

May not believe this but after the first 2 shots on the little plate i could see they was at the bottom  of the plate so i gave the golden eagle one click up and sent the 3rd one..
Grant

houser52

Shot the Savage 260 Rem a few times today after sighting in a new Burris 4.5-14x42 Fullfield Ballistic Plex at 100 yds yesterday.
Using the ballistic dots I was able to hit 2 at 200, 1 at 300 and 1 at 400 yds. I was rested on bags laying across the hood of the truck and lost 1 shot at 300. I must have used the wrong dot or didn't allow enough for the wind.

sportacus

houser52. 
Pretty handy rifle driving off bag/hood.  Like it.
If you have the shot, take it.

mnbogboy

I would like to shoot but we are below zero with 17 inches of snow on the flat. My snowblower is still onda fritz with several hours of work to get it going and it will be a struggle to chase it down and back to the end of my range. I am starting to get my strength back, I want to thank whoever donated the blood that they gave me in the hospital. I hope they were smart bodybuilders! I don't use the reverse in my blower because it is so slow and I always pull it backwardswhen turning around. This took a lot out of me before. I hope I can still hack it.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

bikemutt

Just talked to a good friend in Driggs, ID. He takes 15 minute breaks between snow blowing his driveway, AGAIN!

We talked quite a bit about the weather in Florida  :D

Chris

mnbogboy

11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

gman47564

Shot my 6.5prc today some.. chilly out and breezy so i shot out of the confines of my man cave at a 100 yards.. with wayne talking about reloading for theirs and shooting them he inspired me to send a few down mine.. i shot three 5 shot groups with it.. the first being with a clean cold bore then 2 other groups.. the gun is shooting the 153.5 berger hybrids pretty well i think.. rl23 is my powder of choice and their running in the low 2900's

I did make a 1/2 moa correction to the left after my second group.. i should have gave it a click up as well but didnt..
Grant

sportacus

If you have the shot, take it.

autoxforfun

Nice !!

I'm very envious of your man cave.....being toasty warm and shooting is pretty nice this time of year.
Bob

gman47564

Bob i just wish i could shoot farther out of it.. then it would be real nice..
Grant