News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

Minor changes coming up

Started by txcas, March 29, 2019, 11:43:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txcas

We are moving some boards around.  In the last 9 years we have grown way beyond the 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge, and we feel it is time to make the site more "Creedmoor generic."  

jvw2008

We are looking at a change of name to "The Creedmoor Forum" with no 6.5 designation. Sections will be organized to allow individual categories for each of the Creedmoor variants:  6, 22, 25, 6.5, etc. We are also going to open a small section of the forum for general discussion of "non" Creedmoor cartridges. This section will broaden subject matter that can be addressed and prevent those discussions from being intermingled with the true Creedmoor information. Our objective is to remain focused on the expanding world of the Creedmoor group of cartridges but also allow discussion of our work with other cartridges as it applies to the advancement of our general reloading and shooting knowledge.

LONG LIVE THE CREEDMOOR!

gman47564

sounds great... thanks txcas and moderator's... I know theirs other forums out there that a guy could go to for information on other cartridges but for me I don't frequent them much... I prefer to call this home... 
Grant

autoxforfun

What Grant said !!!  Great job guys.  

Bob
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

jvw2008

Quote from: gman47564 on March 29, 2019, 07:26:28 PMsounds great... thanks txcas and moderator's... I know theirs other forums out there that a guy could go to for information on other cartridges but for me I don't frequent them much... I prefer to call this home... 

We want to remodel and expand your home so you hang out there more often!

Fuj

The way I see it at this point in time, and being in a Creedmoor
format,  I would have four separate forum sections.

6.5 Creedmoor

.257 Creedmoor

6mm Creedmoor

.224 Creedmoor

And in each format, it's own reloading section related to it's own
components and work ups.....The current reloading section is a
bit convoluted.  I would still keep a wild cat section, but separate.

txcas

Forum renamed; need new logo pictures.  You can now use http://www.thecreedmoorforum.com or http://www.65creedmoor.com to access the forum.

Rob01

Can't use Adware blocker anymore or you keep getting the pop up screen?

CaptGrumpy

Quote from: Fuj on March 30, 2019, 07:10:46 AMThe way I see it at this point in time, and being in a Creedmoor

6.5 Creedmoor

.257 Creedmoor

6mm Creedmoor

.224 Creedmoor

You forgot the 7.62 Creedmoor!!! lol
Chris
Yup! That is a 6.5 in my saddle scabbard

DDRH65CM

Can we get some love for the 2 new PRC cartridges too? 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC?  or just limited to "Creedmoor" :D

HufD63

Quote from: DDRH65CM on August 21, 2019, 04:27:18 PMCan we get some love for the 2 new PRC cartridges too? 6.5 PRC and 300 PRC?  or just limited to "Creedmoor" :D

I've got a 300 PRC in the works. Savage Flat back single shot with a SSS competition trigger in a Choate Tactical with a shouldered (no nut) 30" Lilja 9 twist barrel.

Waiting on a custom reamer throated for the 230 SMKs

Hoping to have it running this fall.

As far as the 6.5 PRC I've got two 6.5-284s so don't really feel the need to explore that.
Dave

mnbogboy

Quote from: Fuj on March 30, 2019, 07:10:46 AMThe way I see it at this point in time, and being in a Creedmoor

6.5 Creedmoor

.257 Creedmoor

6mm Creedmoor

.224 Creedmoor

Hey fuj, glad you stopped n for a visit. I see you every once in a while over at savage shooters, we certainly have missed your input here.
Randy
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

6.5 Hunter

Haven't been on, in a while.  Just wanted to say,  to those involved,  in the Site Upgrades,....VERY Nice!

Thanks
Mark