Skip to main content
Topic: Hello and Thank You for this Board (Read 1174 times) previous topic - next topic

Hello and Thank You for this Board

Just found this Forum. What a comfort to actually be able to talk to fello 6.5CM shooters.
Quick overview, I built my own rifle in 2008-09 from a 300wsm laminated stock Savage. ER Shaw 26" tube(1-8") with .001" headspace after reloads, fully bedded action in Devcon, reworked 1.5lb trigger, timed and accurized bolt and firing pin. Did all the work myself even the manufacturing of new bolt parts. Shoots .5 moa all day (120gr A-max)out to 300yrds. Got to heavy for Deer hunting, this year trying for goundhogs, I'll keep ya posted.
I look forward to reading and disgussing things with fellow shooters.
Thanks Again :)

Re: Hello and Thank You for this Board

Reply #1
Welcome to the forum.  I would love to see pictures of your rifle.

Reply #2
I got a chance to take a few pics of my 6.5CM. I made my own single stack clips from aluminum and sheet metal and anodized all the aluminum including the floor plate and release etc. Works OK, not great but still a work in progress. Outside release bearing for Savage firing pin works as smooth as butter, with reground cocking ramps and a reduced diameter piano wire as pull weight for trigger.

Reply #3
Very nice.  Thank you for the pictures.