Skip to main content
Topic: Just ordered a Ruger M77 Mark II in 6.5 Creedmoor (Read 2247 times) previous topic - next topic

Just ordered a Ruger M77 Mark II in 6.5 Creedmoor

Now the wait begins.  It should come to my dealer sometime next week, but I will be out of town for Spring Break.  I still need to figure out what scope I will put on it.

Re: Just ordered a Ruger M77 Mark II in 6.5 Creedmoor

Reply #1
Make sure to post up pics and a range report when you get it.

What's the budget for a scope?

Reply #2
The budget for the scope is about $1,000.  I was thinking on getting a Leupold Mark 4 LT 4.5-14x40mm but I am open to suggestions.  I will for sure post pictures and a range report.  I have ammo on backorder hopefully it will ship soon.  I will be in MO next week and plan to stop at the original and largest Bass Pro Shop, the one in Springfield.  I plan to buy ammo there if they happen to have 6.5 Creedmoor in stock.

Reply #3
Check out the new Vortex PSTs. FFP and a 4-16x range. Good glass, mil knobs and a nice reticle as well. Falls under your price range at about $899. The SFP models are less. Handled them at SHOT and they seem pretty nice for the money.

Reply #4
Thank you for the suggestion.  I like the Vortex PST.  I can get a 50mm Vortex for the price of a 40mm Leupold and stay way under budget.

Reply #5

Thank you for the suggestion.  I like the Vortex PST.  I can get a 50mm Vortex for the price of a 40mm Leupold and stay way under budget.

Not only that the pst can be mil/mil or moa/moa if you like. FFP and a ZERO stop!! You cant beat it!