News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Further Evidence of Cabin Fever

Started by autoxforfun, July 23, 2020, 08:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autoxforfun

Well, I finally pulled the trigger and ordered a Savage Elite Precision in 6mm CM.  This has been on my list for awhile and not getting out to shoot what I had got the better of me.  So it should be here in about two weeks...and then 10 days to clear.  I got a pretty good price from the local Sportsman Warehouse.  So I now need to decide what Scope to put on in while I wait.  I could have built it from scratch but this will cost me less and it all comes assembled.

https://savagearms.com/content?p=firearms&a=product_summary&s=57561
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

DHuffman

Dave

gman47564

Nice bob.. will be watching to see what you think about it once you get it..
Grant

autoxforfun

This has pretty much everything I would want if I built one.  I have a couple MDT chassis' and I am a Savage fan.  The only downside would be a better barrel, but from what I've experienced, I won't be disappointed with the factory one for the first year.  Then barrels are easy.  I really don't need another rifle but what can I say.......
Bob

jvw2008

So what optic are you thinking about?

autoxforfun

Quote from: jvw2008 on July 23, 2020, 08:41:38 PMSo what optic are you thinking about?

Not sure.  It really depends on what I plan to use it for.  If it joins my 243 Win in shooting steel, then a FFP will probably be selected....so a Vortex or maybe even a March.  If I use it to shoot paper, then something with higher max magnification....like a Golden Eagle or NF.  I am open to looking at many of the options.
Bob

gman47564

Bob have you got any of the gen2 pst's with the ebr7c reticle.. its got a tiny little dot in the center thats about as small as the fine crosshair in the scr golden eagle.. i really like the two i have.. also ranger188 has started using a trijicon that he really likes over the ge.. maybe he will chime in on which ones he has..
Grant

autoxforfun

Quote from: gman47564 on July 23, 2020, 09:18:40 PMBob have you got any of the gen2 pst's with the ebr7c reticle.. its got a tiny little dot in the center thats about as small as the fine crosshair in the scr golden eagle.. i really like the two i have.. also ranger188 has started using a trijicon that he really likes over the ge.. maybe he will chime in on which ones he has..

Thanks Grant.  I have seen you and others speak highly of the Gen2 PST but I don't have one nor have I ever looked thru one.  So something I will do.  Most of what I look thru today are NF with a Golden Eagle and March High Master mixed in for my serious rifles.  The AR's use Sightron or Athlon....they are great for that purpose.
Bob

jvw2008

I'm thinking the GE for your application.

Ranger 188

Here you go, Trijicon used but a little cheaper than new.
Great scope own 2. little better glass than the GE.
http://forum.accurateshooter.com/threads/trijicon-5-50.4011769/

jvw2008

"little better glass than the GE."

Opinion or fact?

Ranger 188

2nd guessing me now?  :o
Fact, in my eyes. Owned a GE for a couple years.

DHuffman

Quote from: Ranger 188 on July 24, 2020, 10:15:21 AM2nd guessing me now?  :o
Fact, in my eyes. Owned a GE for a couple years.

"In my eyes" is correct for your eyes not saying you're wrong but "better glass" varies from person to person.

I know you know that but your statement could be misconstrued.
Dave

Ranger 188

Dave, that's why I said my eyes.
Everyones eyes are a little different and see's thing's differently.
But, since I sat behind one for a couple years, (GE)I might have a better
comparison that someone just looking thru his buddies for 1 minute.
Their is nothing wrong with a GE and I know you own like 7
Just my 2 cents and that's all it's worth.

DHuffman

Quote from: Ranger 188 on July 24, 2020, 10:53:24 AMDave, that's why I said my eyes.
Everyones eyes are a little different and see's thing's differently.
But, since I sat behind one for a couple years, (GE)I might have a better
comparison that someone just looking thru his buddies for 1 minute.
Their is nothing wrong with a GE and I know you own like 7
Just my 2 cents and that's all it's worth.

Edit, just because I own 5 GE scopes doesn't mean I think they are the best and I'm not defending them just making sure any new higher end scope buyer understands they need to do their own comparing.

I understood what you said / meant and have no opinion because I haven't looked through the other scope mentioned.

I was just making sure any potential scope shoppers reading the thread understood everyone's eyes are different and they need to evaluate for themselves.

Dave