News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

Strelok Pro Help

Started by thatmarine, March 05, 2019, 08:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thatmarine

Help! Playing around with Strelok the numbers aren't matching up.

My measured speed is 2710 and my scope height is 2.7 inches. I have three range trips with numbers at 200, 300, & 600 yards yielding Dialed MOA adjustments of 2, 4.75, and 13.5 MOA.

Strelok data doesn't match up unless i put in a scope height of 1.1 inches then everything matches up at those 3 distances.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

jvw2008

jvw2008

Also - sometimes the BC of the bullet you are using doesn't exactly match the BC the program is using.

It is usually best (if you can) to run your targets out to 1000 yards for best interpretation.

Bottom line - the dope on your target is real-time and correct regardless of what the program says. ????

thatmarine

Yep i used that exact method. I'll double check my BC...

thatmarine

Quote from: jvw2008 on March 05, 2019, 09:06:34 PMAlso - sometimes the BC of the bullet you are using doesn't exactly match the BC the program is using.

It is usually best (if you can) to run your targets out to 1000 yards for best interpretation.

Bottom line - the dope on your target is real-time and correct regardless of what the program says. ????

Nope wasn't the BC. I double checked it with another ballistics calculator.

jvw2008

Let me clarify. Sometimes the published BC which programs use in the software is over inflated by the bullet manufacturer. "Sometimes" not always.

jvw2008

One other point. The atmospheric conditions you were shooting in while on the range may be different than what you now have programmed into the software you are using to check your range results.

Ranger 188

First thing, I would invest in some lower scope mounts.
2.7 to center is way to high. You must have at least 1 inch of clearance
between your barrel and the bottom of the scope bell.
Just me.

hdmunger

Quote from: Ranger 188 on March 05, 2019, 10:59:33 PMFirst thing, I would invest in some lower scope mounts.
Just me.
Not necessarily...mine is 2.85" but because its on a Gen 1 RPR with the full length top pic rail on the forearm and a 56mm objective it just barely clears with the scope cap installed.

thatmarine

So i fixed my problem with the help of a PRS shooter who identified that my zero was incorrect on my rifle.

Once i properly zeroed my rifle (I was off by 1.5 MOA), all the data from Strelok Pro was dead on all the way out to 600 yards.

Regnar

Quote from: Ranger 188 on March 05, 2019, 10:59:33 PMFirst thing, I would invest in some lower scope mounts.
Just me.

I am curious ss to why he must lower his scope height.  What benefits will he get and how is he handicapped by keeping it the same?

I'm not trying to troll you.  I will tell you straight out that I believe that people say it because they read it some place in a 50 year old book and no it's one of those things that gets repeated
The only thing better than me spending my own money, is my friends spending it for me

thatmarine

Quote from: Regnar on April 10, 2019, 10:53:58 PMI am curious ss to why he must lower his scope height.  What benefits will he get and how is he handicapped by keeping it the same?

I'm not trying to troll you.  I will tell you straight out that I believe that people say it because they read it some place in a 50 year old book and no it's one of those things that gets repeated

The problem ended up being with my zero. It was off and that made my ballistic calculations at distance off. Once the zero was fixed, every was dialed in correctly at 200,300,&600 yards.

The next weekend, the gun had first found impacts at 450, 650, 750, and 2nd round impacts at 550 & 890. The second round impacts were due to not holding the correct wind dope.