News:

This Forum is for use by adults 18 years old or older. By continuing to use this Forum you are confirming, under the law, the you are 18 year old or older. No content shall be viewed by any person under 18 in California.

Main Menu

308???? Why!

Started by jvw2008, January 06, 2021, 09:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeadHammer

We can build them up, but the lower receiver is considered the firearm, so I guess barrels uppers etc are legal. Just can't attach them to a receiver. Canada has the SKS, mini 14, 10/22 lots of stuff on the short list to prohibit next.  You must not give an inch down there. They even banned the Mossberg .22 that looks like an AK47, but the same Mossberg rifle in wood or normal plastic clothes is not prohibited. They overuse the term "variant" " Variant" has no proper definition either.

sako52

The .308 is a great deer round. It's my go to deer cartridge and I've killed a lot of red deer with it. Currently, I'm using 165gr Federal Premium Trophy Bonded Tip at 2,770 fps from my 20" Sako Finnlight II for the huge red stags in the exotic pine forests in my area. There is no closed season for deer hunting in NZ so I get to shot a lot of deer. I use my Tikka 6.5 CM for sika deer in more open country with the 140gr ELD-M. Sika deer are a lot smaller than red deer being about whitetail size. Going hunting this evening as I know where a good stag is hanging out and the antlers will be hard now after a long dry summer. I expect the roar (rut) to start in about three weeks time.

Regarding magnums etc. I've seen more than a few guys lose good stags because they couldn't shoot their 300 win mag accurately enough due to recoil induced flinch.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...
...it wastes your time and annoys the pig!

Downeast

I've been looking at a .308 to shoot FT/R medium range matches. Only .308 and .223 are allowed. If I bring my 6.5 I have to compete in open class.
IMPORTANT: These comments may contain information that is erroneous, false, or unsuitable for overly sensitive persons with low self-esteem, no sense of humor, or irrational religious beliefs. Any opinions expressed are my own and generally unpopular with others.