Skip to main content
Topic: pics of your rigs  (Read 115388 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: pics of your rigs

Reply #705
Ya, I suppose so. 😏
Unfortunately, I don’t need someone else to talk me into spending money on firearm stuff. If it turns out to be Jack, I’ll know it came with good advice. 👍

I’ll let you know shortly if you should. I’ve not been on the trigger much lately, at all, so if I show you something impressive, just know it’s the gun, not me.
Silence is golden. Duct tape is silver.
I have a lot of guns... There, I said it.

Reply #706
Well, second trip better than first. Really trying to figure out how to shoot this rifle here. Got a couple decent groups.

Reply #707
Ya, I suppose so. 😏
Unfortunately, I don’t need someone else to talk me into spending money on firearm stuff. If it turns out to be Jack, I’ll know it came with good advice. 👍

Spend the money Jerry. :)) Those groups were shot with factory Hornady 140 American gunner and 140 ELD ammo. Plus, it was me behind the trigger, so, a real shooter should be able to manage much better group consistency easily. Once I get my modified gauge, I'll be able to start loading some rounds for testing. I'm sure after I get used to the chassis and a solid bipod for the front, this thing will sing.

Reply #708
One rig moves me...
the second rig stops hogs dead at night.

308 cal. wildcat on 6.8 SPC case - 30 Herrett AR - LWRC Six8 upper/lower receivers.
125 grn Cavity Back MKZ copper round at 2750 fps from an 18" barrel by AR15Performance.
Trijicon MK3 35mm thermal scope, Rugged Surge 762 suppressor, Tactical Brass Recovery brass catcher.

Dennis

Reply #709
I'll be getting a SIG-Sauer Cross as soon as they have one to ship. It will be an 18" 6.5 Creedmoor in First Lite camo. This is a pic from SIG's website:

I'll update as soon as I have it in hand.

Edited to add - I didn't notice until I was looking at this pic again but it shows the ejection port dust cover. This has been removed on the production rifles.
Tarasdad - NRA Endowment Life - TSRA Life

Reply #710
Howa mini action in 6mm arc

Reply #711
Looks good. Have you settled on a scope choice yet?

Reply #712
Looks good. Have you settled on a scope choice yet?
Yes sir I have 2 scopes I'm goin to use.. I have the athlon ares 4.5 x27x56 for long range shooting,  then I have a Athlon 10x40x56 benchrest scope coming in...
I will prolly move the action etc to a oryx chassis..

Reply #713
This is the finished product of my interest, 6.5 Creedmoor, and it makes very tight groups at 100, and I'm working on longer and longer range with it.  Very wonderful feel and performance.  Finally got something kinda built that exceeds the two items that I used in the Army.

Bulletpusher

Ignorance is bliss and the world is just full of blissful people!

Reply #714
We like details bulletpusher.. what is it?  Good looking rifle..
Grant

Reply #715
Ok, ok, ok,  Rifle is a Savage Model 10 FCP SR, 6.5 Creedmoor, 24" Barrel, Timney Trigger set to (It's a secret, LOL), Accurate Mag Bottom Metal and Magazines, SWFA SS Fixed 10x 42, 30mm tube Scope with Milrad  adjustments and Mil-Quad cross-hair.  30mm Scope Rings and a 30mm level. the muzzle break is a MechForce for the 6.5 and it works even better than it looks.  I'm shooting Hornady and Federal cartridges at this point.  Hornady 140 grn bthp match is the favorite, hornady 140 grn ELD Match which doesn't group well at all at this point in my rifle.  The Federal are 95 grn V-Max which is the second best groups at this point. Oh and I almost forgot the cheek piece is a Hawkeye Customs, bought on Amazon Prime and not shown is the bi-pod it works wonderful but I don't remember who made that one.

That's about all I can tell you about my rifle with out swearing all of you to Secrecy, LOL.

Bulletpusher
Ignorance is bliss and the world is just full of blissful people!