Skip to main content
Topic: pics of your rigs  (Read 115384 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: pics of your rigs

Reply #30
Hit the range today and snapped a pic of the new rig

Shooting under. 75" at 200 before the barrel is broke in.  Look forward to stretching her legs a bit

Reply #31
6.5 CM rimmed Handi.
Set up to ride on my back when I bicycle out into the desert.

First trip to the range should be Wednesday.

Reply #32
how does the handi rifle shoot? over the yrs i bought my boys one 3 total 1 .243, 1 308 and a bull barrell 308 and even with all kinda diffrent handloads i never got one of them to shoot moa. groups were AT BEST 2in if that good.
i like the small frame short handi rifles and i hope yours shoots great!! they just left a bad taste in my mouth.
"kill em all"

Reply #33
First trip to the range should be Wednesday.

As a nearly 6.5TCU wildcat this rig showed promise, but brass was such a pain to make that I never really developed it. The 20 rounds on the carrier are more than I ever made for the wildcat. There are tricks to making a Handi accurate, I don't know them, but I know people who do. Starting with the big Shilen barrel may help. I have a .357Max Handi with the same barrel and it stacks 38's and 357 mag and max in consistently small groups, it just never excited me.

I also have a factory barrel that has been reamed out and chambered for 6.5CMR, and one of my ambitions for this project is the comparison of the two barrels.

This barrel will chamber and eject rimmed and rimless dummy rounds. If that proves out, brass can be made from 303Brit, 30-40 Krag, or most derivatives of 250Sav, 308Win, or 30-06. (As well as shooting factory CM.)

Reply #34

Looks like 303Brit brass won't become 6.5CMR. 

Reply #35
Not the best picture.  T/C Precisoin Hunter and target showing 5 shot .35 inch group.  Haven't had a chance to to try it at long range yet. 
I need a 12 step program!

Reply #36
thats a beautiful rifle you have. i love a wood stock. and it looks like it shoots really well to. thanks for the pics.
"kill em all"

Reply #37
TomN
I've always thought the T/C Precision Hunter looked a really nice rifle, but I didn't think it was available in 6.5CM (at least according to their website). 
Did you buy it from the factory or add a 6.5CM barrel yourself?

Reply #38
Looked for over a year.  Found out in January that they quit making them in 6.5cm.  Also found out that 3 were in stock at the factory.  Managed to get one.  Factory test target stated .51 inch.  I have been able to get groups down to .35 using factory 140 amax. 
I need a 12 step program!

Reply #39
Well congratulations.  Looks like you've got a great rifle there!

Reply #40
Agreed sharp rifle with impressive accuracy

Reply #41
not finished with it completely but here's my 6.5 creedmoor i'll be shooting in fclass open.

i still have to finish putting lead in the rear of the stock and i migh do a yellow to red fade and put my marine buddies names on one side and usmc with my old squadron insignia on the other
update painted for now this is going to be a slow one

Reply #42
ooohh raaahh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"kill em all"

Reply #43
Oh man, these are some beautiful Creeds! I can't wait to get my Savage LRP in from the local shop. Soon as I do, I'm gonna bug everyone on this forum as I'm rather new about long range shooting. Cheers guys! Epic rifles.