Skip to main content
Topic: Aero precision m5e1  (Read 650 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Aero precision m5e1

Reply #15
Another piece.. my trigger tech diamond came today.. a really nice looking trigger.. i figured my bolt carrier group and charging handle would have been here by now but it seems to be volleying back and forth between memphis and Nashville.. grrrr... sad thing is it was in Illinois a couple days ago about a 100 miles away from me.. fed ex probably flew over my house with it on their way to Memphis.. lol
Grant

Reply #16
Another piece of the puzzle came today.. a American defense one piece quick detach scope mount with 20 moa built into it.. looks like its pretty well made.. first mount I've used like this..

I've got a couple of those mounts.  Rock solid and return to ZERO every time.  Great piece of equipment.
Jeff
First impressions are forever.....you don't get a second chance

Reply #17
Thanks for affirming that jeff.. my first qd and didn't know what to expect when it came.. after getting it i think it will compliment the m5 well..
Grant

Reply #18
Put that TT Diamond in my Rock River Arms gas gun (6.5CM) last year.   Fantastic improvement and worth the $$.   Plus it is the only trigger that I know of made, for an AR-10 platform, with the 1.5 #-ish  pull.   IMO, great choice.

Reply #19
Gonna build some perfect ammo for this rig.. 😁

Starting with perfecta brass..lol..

Kinda bored with waiting on parts i dug out some perfecta 308 brass and thought i would turn it into 6.5 creedmoor brass.. ran it through a redding 6.5 creedmoor body die. Then trimmed it to 1.910. Then cleaned the lube off in corn cobb media.. annealed it.. then ran a 21'st century expander mandrel in it.  The necks measured .017 so i am turning the necks down to .0135 all in one pass on the 21'st century lathe.. probably should do it in two passes but its looking good with one.. just slow going.. after that i will run them through a lee collet die and they should be ready to prime.. i know creedmoor brass is easy enough to come by but i wanted some perfect brass.. lol
Grant

Reply #20
Grant,  you must be truly bored.  Even though you have some "perfecta" brass, seems like too much work.   I ended up loading some Dasher brass with Bart's Hammers for a local 600 yard match on Sunday......
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #21
Bob its been too windy to shoot for a month or more.. caught up on all my reloading for my bolt guns.. cold and windy again today so yeah im bored.. lol

Good luck on your match sunday..
Grant

Reply #22
I ordered the ultra lite jet blast brake for this the other day and it came today.. when i picked up the little box they ship them in i honestly thought they forgot to put the brake in it.. opened it up and it was in there .. it just blows me away how lite it is.. pva says its 74% lighter than their original jet blast brake and i believe it.. comes in weighing at 1.37 oz. Lol.. good looking brake..
Grant

Reply #23
Ahhhh getting closer..

They dropped off my bolt carrier group and charging handle today.. they look really nice..
The upper and lower should be at my ffl mid week..
Euro optic had a deal on a pst gen 2 5x25x50 first focal plane scope with the ebr2c reticle that i couldnt pass up.. it should be here tomorrow.. 😁
Grant

Reply #24
inch by inch......lol
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough