January 24, 2022, 04:42:40 PM

News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Aero precision m5e1

Started by gman47564, November 14, 2021, 02:42:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gman47564

Im thinking about getting one of these chambered in 6.5 creedmoor.. 22" pipe..
Is there any concerns i should have about fit and finish or accuracy. Feeding issues..of a m5e1. Looking at getting a complete upper and lower from aero precision . All the reviews ive seen have been positive.. any input is welcomed..
Grant

jvw2008

No experience with them but I did read a bit about them. When I saw the price tag my immediate thought was, "that would cover a custom action and a chambered barrel". ???? One track mind here.

gman47564

From what im seeing jerry i can get behind one for about 1500.. will that get a custom action and barrel chambered?
Grant

Snaploader

Gman.... I can't speak directly for the Aero Precision but i built 3 similar AR10 styles using the 22" Ballistic Advantage barrel, which is what Aero uses and they are all tack drivers.  They are all 1000 yds rifles with good glass and mine prefers the Hornady 140 BTHP with  a mild charge of 41.8 gr. H4350.  My experience with these gas guns is to not drive them too hard because they will tear up brass quickly.  Also, they will slightly crater the primer, which is somewhat the nature of the beast.  Overall, I have no complaints and enjoy shooting them along with my shooting buddies who I built them for.  I hope this helps....

Mike

gman47564

Well i ordered a complete upper and lower to build one of these today.. should have it in about 3 weeks.. looking forward to getting it..
Grant

LeadHammer

I do know that the A P rifle and parts are supposed to be good. I have a lower in FDE, have never build it up as they are being banned up here. I had hoped they would have been grandfathered as then I would be using one at the range.

gman47564

Trying to be prepared for this rifle when it gets here.. went ahead and loaded 50 rounds with sierra 140 bthp's and imr4451. One of the reasons i wanted this rifle is because over the last few years i have accumulated an assortment of powders and bullets for the 6.5 creedmoor that i will never use in my bolt guns.. so might as well have something  to shoot them up in and have some fun while doing it.. if i can get this thing to shoot 3/4 moa i will be tickled to death.. ordered a couple 10 round mags for it yesterday.. and what little i know about ar's is that the triggers are horrendous.. so figured i might as well fix that problem right off the bat so i ordered a trigger tech diamond trigger.. after ordering it i read several reviews on the A P  lower and several went on about how nice the AP trigger is.. that there wasnt any need to replace it.. lol.. i will use these rounds to break this gun in with and get a feel for it..
Grant

sportacus

Grant,
You are going to love it.
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

autoxforfun

Looking good.  I tend to use my lower grade bullets and brass in the AR..especially the brass.  They are tough on brass even if you catch the cases so they don't hit the ground.  Also, I run a bit more neck tension when preparing AR brass.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

I think i will to wayne.. cant wait to get it..

Bob the cases i set aside for this i ran through a lee fl die.. it gives me two and a half thou neck tension.. im hoping thats enough..
Grant

gman47564

Well some parts starting to trickle in for this build.. today two asc 10 round magazines came.. knowing very little about the ar 10 platform i had no idea what mags were good.. read in a few places these were good.. then later on after ordering them i read where their junk.. lol.. guess i will find out in a few weeks.. if any one has any recommendations for ar 10 mags im all ears.. lol
Grant

gman47564

Guess i should post the pic.. lol
Grant

autoxforfun

Hard to be patient as each of the pieces trickle in.......don't have any clue about AR-10 components.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

gman47564

Another piece of the puzzle came today.. a American defense one piece quick detach scope mount with 20 moa built into it.. looks like its pretty well made.. first mount I've used like this..
Grant

sportacus

Have the Leupold version on a Grendel and a CM 10 and the Vortex version on a 5.56.  Mine are not QD like yours.  Like a rock.
If you have the shot, take it.