Skip to main content
Topic: Creedmoor AR10 Barrel (Read 158 times) previous topic - next topic

Creedmoor AR10 Barrel

Okay, question. I've been doing studying on which 24" barrel to get for my new build. Frankly, with all the information out there, I can't decide. I know that most likely, ANY barrel I get will be a better shooter than I am, but there must be some to stay away from. There has got to be a 'best one' that I can hone my skills up to as best as I can. From your own experience, which one would you pick for 140 grain bullets, going long range? Thanks.

Re: Creedmoor AR10 Barrel

Reply #2
That article gave a good roundup Grant. If I was building one for distance, Criterion would be my choice.

Reply #3
That would be my choice as well jerry..
Grant

Reply #4
I agree that from the list, Criterion would be my choice as well.  However, Krieger also makes AR-10/AR-15 barrels to order.  I put one on an AR-15 for my 6.5 Grendel upper...it was a 28" barrel and shoots well.  They can also provide the Bolt and make sure that it is head-spaced correctly.   They are probably a bit more money than a Criterion but they do make great barrels.

https://kriegerbarrels.com/products#ar10
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #5
I wasn’t aware that Krieger was doing that! Cool👍
How do their costs compare?

Reply #6
Just for the barrel, it was right at $490 ($370 for the barrel, $20 for the 28" length and $100 to chamber).  I also ordered $200 of extras, like a JPE bolt that they used to set the head-space, a gas block and rile+2" gas tube.  So all total, I was just under $700.  I don't know exactly how they compare with others but I'm thinking they are a bit more but definitely in the game.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #7
Very reasonable I think. Especially knowing the bolt and headspace are correct. Bet that puppy shoots good.