Skip to main content
Topic: Another New Kid on The Block (Read 114 times) previous topic - next topic

Another New Kid on The Block

Hi Guys & Gals,
    I'm another new member to this forum and new to 6,5 Creedmoor, particularly using an AR10 platform.  I've been reloading for some 15+ yrs, shooting Bolt Gun Benchrest on a local basis, but going to AZ and watching (and learning) from the pros in competition.  I laid off for some 2 yrs due to boredom and health issues, but decided to re-activate my interest and resume my weekly shooting at a local Gun Club.  I have zero experience with 6.5 Creedmoor, but have loaded and shot hundreds of rd in .22 Benchrest Rimfire (local competition),  6mm, 223 (both bolt gun and AR), .308, 260 Rem, 30BR and 30.06.  I kinda decided to try something new and I came across a nice 6.5 Creedmoor AR 10 at a local Gun Sales Armory so I bought it.  Due to my age (turning 75 soon) my eyes aren't what they used to be so I have some pretty high power scopes I use and shoot almost exclusively 100 yds.  SO I'm learnin the ropes with this new (to me) caliber as well as this particular AR.  I did have a custom built competition AR15 (JP Precision) that shot lights out at 600 yds.  But due to the threats of confiscation by ATF or some overzealous LE group (I live in CA),  I gave that rifle to one of my son's in AZ.  But I decided to take a chance and buy this 6.5 Creedmoor to have some fun with what I've read, is an extremely accurate bullet in a precision rifle (Aero Precision parts with JP Precision Bolt and trigger).  SO now I have my Lapua Brass and H4350 (and others) to start my testing to see what this baby likes the best.  Any comments would be appreciated and it is also nice not to have turn necks, weigh brass & bullets and endless exact measurements of fired brass.  Just out to have fun and excited to be back doing something I've always liked and trained professionally for in years past, SHOOTIN!

Re: Another New Kid on The Block

Reply #1
Welcome Shynloco!

Great to hear you are back on track with some firearms. Sure I don’t need to tell you that you are going to go through reloads a bit faster in that AR than the bolts you used to run. 😊

A good progressive press could be your best friend.

Re: Another New Kid on The Block

Reply #2
Welcome to the forum ... no experience with the ar10 platform but the 6.5 creedmoor is pretty easy to load for..
Grant