Skip to main content
Topic: Norma Evostrike 93 Grain - Anyone Try It? - Only Ammo I can Find Local (Read 142 times) previous topic - next topic

Norma Evostrike 93 Grain - Anyone Try It? - Only Ammo I can Find Local

Hi, newbie here. I cannot imagine a hunting bullet at 93 grain can be worth much for any sort of of long range shooting, but it's all I can find right now locally in California. Curious if anyone has attempted using the Norma Evostrike ammo?

I am new to long range shooting, so completely clueless. Picked up a Ruger American Predator and swapped out the stock with a magpul, and outfitted it with an Arken SH4 Gen 2 scope. For my entry into long range this was all I was willing to spend, especially with the short supply of ammo.

My local range goes out to 1200 yards, but I am taking baby steps. Sited in the scope at 100 yards, and have had no problems hitting 400 yard targets consistently, but that was with 140 grain ammo. Just been getting advice from local guys on how to do things, so we will see how it goes, I am still clueless, haha.

Re: Norma Evostrike 93 Grain - Anyone Try It? - Only Ammo I can Find Local

Reply #1
Welcome to the forum coffeelove.. sorry . No experience with that cartridge.. a few rap shooters on here thats shot them way out there..
Grant

Reply #2
Hey, thanks for the reply. We will see if anyone chimes in on the Evostrike ammo. I was just happy to find some 6.5 at the local shop. My neighbor offered to teach me the basics of loading rounds, but for now I will take any ammo I can find.

Reply #3
Coffelove, I feel your pain being a fellow CA resident.  I don't shoot much factory ammo these days (except for some 22lr and maybe some 9mm pistol).  But something you might try is to see if your favorite local FFL would be willing to allow you to ship ammo to them.  That would at least open up the internet for access to other options.  I know that PRIME is now offering Alpha brass based 6.5CM ammo for sale.  That would be a great place to start for reaching out to 1000 yards and beyond if you can get it delivered to a local FFL.  I have a couple FFL's here in the Sacramento area that are willing to play that role and they don't charge much for the service.

I don't have any input on the Norma Evostrike ammo...sorry.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #4
^ good suggestion 👍