Skip to main content
Topic: Did you shoot today?  (Read 872 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Did you shoot today?

Reply #15
With that Alpha brass coming, you'll have to shoot farther
out to see anything but one hole groups.

Reply #16
Nice shooting !! 
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #17
Thanks bob..
Gregg im looking forward to getting it..
Grant

Reply #18
Shooting clear at the moment.
I'd show ya'll but it won't let me load pictures.
I'm allowed to upload files with 0KB. WTF?

Reply #19
Brett, since the format was changed a couple years ago, I haven't been able to either.

Reply #20
Working up a load for a 8.25 twist Bartlien, 27" full 1.250" barrel.
It shot some 6.5x47L imp in the Panda, reseated leftover Rendevous ammo small the other day. Shot two ladders this morning in a 10 mph headwind and didn't have enough neck tension so I'm going to repeat the two ladders and maybe run a set on Varget to get to the mid-upper 2800s
Dave

Reply #21
Shot my 7 saum imp. had the load down to 3 choices (I thought)
I've got 197 rounds on it now. Looks like the barrel might have sped up
and shooting groups of 4, it would spit one out.
Going back to the next lower node ( these were hot)
and adjust the seating depth to hopefully get rid of the flier.

Reply #22
If so what did you shoot today?

Seen this on another forum.. thought i would start one here.. post what you shot today if you did any shooting.. and post any day you shoot if you want.. pic's are nice but not necessary..

For me i shot my savage stealth evolution today.. sent about 35 rounds down range at a 100 and 250 yards.. cant see my 300 or 430 yard targets do to the corn getting too tall.. the guns off tune just a little do to the aggressive cleaning i gave it here awhile back.. i think i need to go back to my original load.. will find out tomorrow as i loaded 10 rounds for it this evening..
brought a couple of beers over to a neighbors, i didn't shoot but he touched off his 30-06 on a jar of tannerite.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #23
firearm of choice today.. 6.5 creedmoor  with some 135 atips.. little trouble keeping the sweat out of my eyes but beats setting in the house..
Grant

Reply #24
Headed out to the 600 yard range this morning.  It sure was nice and quiet on the road at 6:30am on a Holiday.  I usually shoot the benchrest guns at these sessions but decided to bring the Savage Elite Precision 6mm CM.  So I was the only one on a Bi-pod and a bag but I still shot well.  I think I may have even ended up with the smallest group...not sure, wasn't really keeping track, but everyone was getting into the 3-4 inch range.  There was some wind but not too bad.  I was shooting 109g Berger Hybrids loaded with Rl-23 in Peterson SRP brass.  Beautiful way to start the day.  Got home before it broke 90deg.
Bob

Reply #25
Nice set up bob and good shooting..
Grant

Reply #26
I had some time so I thought I would go back and continue the load development on the 243 WSSM.  It has been almost a year since I put this project on the back burner.

Went out and shot a ladder which turned out to be too much for the 115 DTAC's.  As I got past 3000 fps, I started getting shots that didn't show up on the target.  For a 5 shot group I may only see 2-3 holes.  I can only assume that they came apart before reaching the target.   My next load will be a bit slower, something just over 2900 fps and I'll try some of the 110g SMKs that I have.
Bob

Reply #27
Bob did any of the suspect rounds make a different sound than the ones that made it to the target.. the ones that i have had go puff made a real loud noise when they come apart.. louder than the gun going off..
Grant

Reply #28
I didn't notice anything that sounded different.  I just didn't have any holes in the target....and I looked all over the board to verify that they didn't go astray but they were not to be found.  I guess it is possible that they could have missed the target board completely...very strange.
Bob

Reply #29
I’m thinking that if they were off the board you would have seen at least a few of the splashes.

The few blow ups I’ve seen could be heard if you were listening. More like a soft report (like a 22 round) mixed into the normal rifle report. The loudness may be dependent on how far out they go before disintegrating.