Skip to main content
Topic: jard triggers in a savage...  (Read 556 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: jard triggers in a savage...

Reply #15
i've never had really light triggers before... the one on my varmint target action suprises me once in a while... same with the rifle basics... im not use to them going off by just barely touching them... im more use to the old accu triggers ... but the more i use the light ones the more i get use to them and like them... im sure i will throw a few out in left field with the jard too.. lol
Grant

Reply #16
Bob i shot this 280ai with the jard trigger a few times today.  Really a nice upgrade to the savage triggers.. i have struggled with this gun since i built it trying to get the accuracy out of it i thought it would be capable of.. well i think the old 3 screw trigger in it had alot to do with it.. i didnt shot it alot today.. but what little i did it shot small with a 168 gr berger hybrid that i had loaded for it.. i also shot a 10 shot ladder with a 190 gr. Hybrid and it showed a wide flat spot at 2850.. i picked a charge on the upper side of it and had 2 pretty much in the same hole with the third one out to the side about 3/8 of a inch.. still got more testing to do with it but run out of prepped cases.. the trigger made a big improvement.. i wont hesitate to recommend them for a savage action..
Grant

Reply #17
Thanks Grant for the update and the good news on the result.  The stock Savage (red) trigger is not terrible and can be set pretty light but I didn't like the inconsistency of feel shot to shot.  I think both the Jard and the Rifle Basix is an improvement.  I have upgraded 4 rifles so far, 3 with Jard's and 1 with Rifle Basix.....and I'll probably stay on the Jard path.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #18
Nice Grant, I guess it should be on my list, but do you think that trigger would be safe enough for hunting?

Reply #19
Nice Grant, I guess it should be on my list, but do you think that trigger would be safe enough for hunting?

It would be awful light for a hunting trigger in my opinion.. which i haven't adjusted it to see how heavy it can go but it says 18 ounces.. which is just over a pound..
Grant

Reply #20
Ya, I need something in the middle of that and factory.

Reply #21
Ya, I need something in the middle of that and factory.

The Rifle Basix SAV-2 may fit your needs.  It is adjustable from 4oz to 3lbs and is less expensive than the Jard.  In terms of performance, I find them to be very close.  I got a bit nervous with a very light trigger regarding firing due to hard bolt closure or hard jolt, but with anything above 1 lb, I don't think I would be concerned.

https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-110-target-trigger-sav-2/
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #22

The Rifle Basix SAV-2 may fit your needs.  It is adjustable from 4oz to 3lbs and is less expensive than the Jard.  In terms of performance, I find them to be very close.  I got a bit nervous with a very light trigger regarding firing due to hard bolt closure or hard jolt, but with anything above 1 lb, I don't think I would be concerned.

https://riflebasix.com/product/savage-110-target-trigger-sav-2/

Thanks, I do like a great trigger, a gunsmith did my A-bolt, and its insane, at least on that rifle I can turn the weight up a bit. However for hunting and whatnot its definitely nice to not go too far.