Skip to main content
Topic: jard triggers in a savage...  (Read 557 times) previous topic - next topic

jard triggers in a savage...

i know this has been talked about a while back... just wondering if any one has experience with these jard triggers in a savage action...
  i ordered one this morning for a old model 12 action... wondering what you think of yours if you are using them...
Grant

Re: jard triggers in a savage...

Reply #1
I have three on my different Savages.  I ordered the lightest trigger pull they offer.  In general, I am pleased with them.  I like them better than the stock savage....much more consistent shot to shot.   But I just shot my savage with the Rifle Basix Sav-2 trigger and I think I like that a bit better.  It took awhile to get the Basix to be good and be 'safe' but I like the way it breaks.  The 'safe' part sorta chased me away and toward the Jard.  I think you will like it.  Very easy to install.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #2
Thanks bob.. i have a rifle basix sav 2 in my 300 win mag and really like it.. like you said a little tough to get adjusted right but after i did its nice.. thought i would try the jard..
Grant

Reply #3
The " heavier option" Jard, would that be safe and suitable for a target/ hunting application?

Reply #4
I think the heavier one is 13 to 18 ounces.. right around a pound. Thats the one i ordered..
Grant

Reply #5
I think the heavier one is 13 to 18 ounces.. right around a pound. Thats the one i ordered..

Nice. Looking forward to the review. I will replace my accutrigger at some point, but want it tunable for light gloves n such. My Accutrigger is actually reasonable on mine. Just a bit heavy.

Reply #6
I dont mind the accutrigger at all.. this old action was made before the accutrigger.. and old 3 screw trigger.. that im replacing
Grant

Reply #7
Grant, have you had a chance to give the Jard trigger a try?  If so, what was your impression?
Bob

Reply #8
That has been a fiasco bob.. i ordered that trigger and got a confirmation email on my order.. they told me when i ordered it that it was instock and would be shipped that day or the next.. after about 8 days without a tracking number or any thing i called them again.. the guy said it should have been  shipped but he would look into it and call me back.. didnt get called back.. after a couple more days i call again.. same guy answers.. hes not sure where my trigger is.. they was one part they was out of but mine has shipped.. he would find out whats going on and call back.. i said hold on now.. thats what you said last time.. i asked if i should just look for a different trigger.. 🙄 soon as i said that another guy got on the phone and assured me he would find out where my trigger is and call me back.. im like ok whatever.. about a hour later he called me back.. told me two orders for the same trigger had come in at the same time.. mine and another guys.. both triggers got shipped to the other guy.. now they dont have any more made and will be a couple weeks before all the parts were made to build one.. grrr.. they asked if i wanted a refund.. told them no i want a dang trigger.. anyway last thursday a got a email saying my trigger had shipped.. should be here tuesday.. so still waiting on it
Grant

Reply #9
Waitng for the range report. Gtant will you measure the final pull weigjt?
Good luck with the installation.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #10
Good grief......hate when that stuff happens..especially not calling you back.  I've had good luck with them and no problems in get orders filled in a timely manner.  Well, hope you get it this week and after all this, I hope you like it.
Bob

Reply #11
Randy i would be glad to but thats one tool i dont have.. a way to measure trigger pull weight..
Grant

Reply #12
Good grief......hate when that stuff happens..especially not calling you back.  I've had good luck with them and no problems in get orders filled in a timely manner.  Well, hope you get it this week and after all this, I hope you like it.

Kind of aggravating but i realize stuff happens.. just wish i could of been the lucky guy that got 2 of them for the price of one.. lol
Grant

Reply #13
bob my trigger was on the front porch when i got home from work... went straight to my building and pulled the 280ai out of the safe and pulled the barreled action out of the chassis and pulled the old 3 screw trigger out of it and the old safety lever out of it... read the directions on the jard and installed it... easy enough... i did have to adjust around on the saftey screw to get the safety to function like it should... then messed around with the over travel screw till i had it screwed up and had to read the instructions a couple more times...lol.. but i got it like it needed to be... put it all back in the chassis and cycled it a few times and dry fired it a few times... even though it broke light it had some creep to it that i didnt like... pulled it back out of the chassis and adjusted on the sear screw and took the creep out of it... the pull weight was light as heck on it but i backed that screw out a little also... put it all back together and slammed the bolt home a few times trying to make it go off and couldnt... then dry fired it a few times and the trigger broke like glass... safety worked as it should not much over travel... its nice... i haven't fired the gun yet but i know im going to like it alot...i dont have a trigger pull gage but my varmint target action with the red blade is light .. guessing around a pound and this jard is lighter than it and nicer .. same with the rifle basic 2... its light and breaks really nice but the jard is nicer i think... will have to shoot it a few times to get a real sense of it but i think its gonna put a smile on my face... 
Grant

Reply #14
Great news !!  Glad that after all this, you like the result.  I have been slowly upgrading the Savage's that I shoot a lot to the Jard.  I like the Rifle Basix trigger too but once I went thru the process of adjusting the Jard, I felt that it was a safer trigger and felt equally as good.  
Bob