Skip to main content
Topic: Latest projects (Read 1120 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Latest projects

Reply #45
Magneto speed is on [email protected] and hope it comes early enough tomorrow that I can shoot a few of the rifles I've been playing with. I have 2 creedmoor and about 40 rounds ready to shoot. I also loaded about 20 6.5-06 with the deep curl speeds that I want to try. Yesterday I threw on a new take-off .243 barrel on one of the flatbacks.
This morning i loaded about 20 .243 rounds with 100 grain pills,
Pushing them with 40 grains of h4350.
I will need to know how fast all of these are going before I get out west.
Changed oil in the truck this afternoon and aired up the tires.
Have a little more work to do on the water system in the camper and have to finish compiling my map book and paperwork.
I got the rear seat taken out yesterday and hope to get the freezer strapped in there soon. My wife and sons have colluded and begged me not to go alone, still worried about me giving the bucket another punt.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #46
That trip would be more fun with a hunting companion Randy. I’m thinking that’s a good suggestion.

Reply #47
It’s always nice having a hunting partner. Fun and safety go together.

Reply #48
That trip would be more fun with a hunting companion Randy. I’m thinking that’s a good suggestion.
My son's have refused and after an extensive search on several forums I have come up with a safety net of others who either live in the area I will be hunting or they are by ting the same areas.
I would gladly meet up with anyone on this forum as you all feel like family anyway.
My wife doesn't like camping but I'm sure I could talk her into it but she is not a hunter or familiar with the outdoors at all. My hunting partners over the years have  either died or live no where near me. Finding anther travel companion at this late date could be a real challenge.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #49
Good news today 1.cthe new magneto speed arrived but i haven't tried it yet, we were gone for birthday dinner with My step daughter and twin grandsons the mount clamp I made for the other one fits perfect and I am smiling.
2. I decided to abort my hunting trip and mywifeis smiling.
Pressure from my sons as well as my wife had a big part in my decision.
It was a depressing day knowing I was missing the opener.
I must say I was anticipating another anxiety attack from the thought of that 1000 mile trek. I've made that journey at least once a year since 2006 and did it twice 3 of those 15 years! The deer episode along with the crazy drivers and midnight house over the yellow line were all the excitement I needed in all those trips.
I must say the physical set backs of this strokebhave really affected my quality of life.
My bucket list crossbar little every day. I was not able to help my son with the race car much this year as before. Although he had a very sucessful year.
One thing on my list is to build one more racing engine that can compete in the class he races in. Also to garner one more track championship as we have in the past.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith