News:

To support the forum with your donation, please check https://tinyurl.com/4vv24dup.

Main Menu

"The Crazy Story of the Birth of the 6.5 Creedmoor"

Started by Stugotz, September 14, 2016, 07:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugotz

Sportacus, after reading your post. I concur - with extreme prejudice! That said, I'll share what a friend will joke about with me and my favorite cartridge. He says that it is not a "6.5 Creedmoor" but (his words) a 6.5 NeedMore! This is all very tongue in cheek on his part of course. I should also qualify the fact that he builds all of his own rifles with a preference for the 50 Cal. (he travels and competes nationally placing very well at the various competitions he participates in judging by the hardware scattered around his mancave/machine shop).         8)
Yes, I realize speling is a chalunge for sum of us...I am inkluded in that grup, so pleze fourgiv me. Ski-U-Mah!

sportacus

Stugotz,
Good for your friend.  Have buddies that will never turn loose of their .308's, 25-06's and 7-08's.  They kill their share. And that is just fine.  Confess I am still a card carrying member of the 7mm tribe.  Was bewitched by 280 Rem, 7mm Rem Mag and 7-08 Rem until the 6.5 CM came along.  Need to let them go as trade bait but have not been able to do it, yet.
If you have the shot, take it.

lathoto

See you at the range.