Not Rifle Related, But Proud of Myself

Started by sportacus, October 15, 2020, 04:37:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportacus

Local police chief, retired Marine, hit me up to fix a .410 he was gifted when he was seven years old.  Savage 94 Model M.  Told him the issue for a gun that old would be parts.  As soon as I opened the action, saw the problem.  Ejector/extractor sheared off at the chamber.  Someone was "mean" to it while Buck was gone.  Found the part on the internet.  Cleaned it in  detail and put it back together today.  Sweet little shotgun. Will only charge him for the part but will ask for a couple of "get out of jail free" vouchers..  ;D
If you have the shot, take it.

rardoin

My first gun (actually given to my older brother and I) was a savage 'crack barrel' single shot in .410.  Plenty of squirrels and wood ducks felled by that gun.  What a magnanimous gesture to repair that 'memory' for him.

jvw2008

Way to go Wayne. Hope you don't have need for any of those vouchers.

DHuffman

Nice work Wayne. My first gun was a break action single shot .410 my grandad gave me. It was always kept at his place and I don't know whatever became of it.

It's long gone but I'd sure like to have it back.
Dave

DHuffman

My youngest boy has one his Grandma gave him that's a wall hanger.

It's my understanding it put a lot of meat on the table when times were tough.
Dave

mnbogboy

My two brothers and myself started out with the "410" it too was a savage/stevens.  Dad willed it to me and I have not used it, it still sitting waiting for one of Dad's great grandkids!  My brother said he found a box of shells when cleaning out Dad's house, so I may just shoot it again if the ruffed grouse around here ever "come back".
Good memories.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

DHuffman

Quote from: mnbogboy on October 17, 2020, 10:16:24 PMMy two brothers and myself started out with the "410" it too was a savage/stevens.  Dad willed it to me and I have not used it, it still sitting waiting for one of Dad's great grandkids!  My brother said he found a box of shells when cleaning out Dad's house, so I may just shoot it again if the ruffed grouse around here ever "come back".
Good memories.

That old one of mine shot a lot of rabbits, a few quail, lots of dove and the usual skunks and other vermin.

The one of the boys supposedly shot a lot of pheasants. Story goes when times were tough the young huntress would cross the railroad tracks and gather spilled grain at the elevator then take it home and put enough out to shoot a bird or two.
Dave

missippyman

It's always a blast, no pun intended, to fix a gun for someone who isn't as well versed in the subject. Awesome deal sportacus!