Skip to main content
Topic: Humboldt SD 600 yard match (Read 238 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Humboldt SD 600 yard match

Reply #15
600 yard SOY standings as of yesterday. That's as high as I'm getting in the ranking for this year and will likely get bumped down some   as I believe there are two more matches to go for the season I won't make.

Dave

Reply #16
Given the number of matches you were able to make, I think you did very well.  You scored well in the matches you competed in and should end up in the top 1/3 overall.  To compete in all of the matches is a big financial and time commitment.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #17
Thanks Bob, that list is just the points earners not total competitors. The shooters with zero points got a free roll onto the list from last year.
Basically I think anyone that has zero at the end of the season is dropped and anyone with a point gets put on the next year's list. I've been told there are well over 400 shooters that shoot at least one 600 yard match per year but I'm not sure.it seems kind of high to me.

Regardless I feel fortunate to be where I'm at but always strive for improvement.
Dave

Reply #18
You done well dave and earned your place.. striving to do better is what keeps us going.. good job..
Grant

Reply #19
Thanks Bob, that list is just the points earners not total competitors. The shooters with zero points got a free roll onto the list from last year.
Basically I think anyone that has zero at the end of the season is dropped and anyone with a point gets put on the next year's list. I've been told there are well over 400 shooters that shoot at least one 600 yard match per year but I'm not sure.it seems kind of high to me.

Regardless I feel fortunate to be where I'm at but always strive for improvement.

I didn’t shoot any 600 yd SOY matches this year so I’m one of those guys down at the bottom with a big fat 0. 😊

Reply #20
I didn’t shoot any 600 yd SOY matches this year so I’m one of those guys down at the bottom with a big fat 0. 😊

Our friendship prevented me from pointing that out 😁
Dave

Reply #21
I’m sitting number 63 in the 1000 yd SOY. Feeling pretty good about that since Covid took me out of two months shooting this year.

Reply #22
I'm at 129th 🤔 on the 1000 yard list from 1 weekend in March at DC, other than the Rendevous it's the only time I shot 1000 this year.
Dave