Skip to main content
Topic: 6/5/2011 AZPRC Match  (Read 1596 times) previous topic - next topic

6/5/2011 AZPRC Match

www.AZPRC.net

Once Vegas50 and I finished up at the local Las Vegas Tactical Precision Rifle Match we headed home and rested up before we headed out to Prescott, AZ. We ended up leaving about 1 am and arrived in Prescott just after 5 am. The match was very challenging and fun, great group of shooters there! Our friend Regina ended up taking 1st place and I believe the top 4 finishers were all members of AZ LRPRS from Phoenix, AZ. I was able to sneak in to 5th place with a handful of lucky shots!

Re: 6/5/2011 AZPRC Match

Reply #1
Neat, what are the targets/size/distance at that match like?

Reply #2
Targets were between 300 and 1044 yards. I think the target sizes averaged about 12". The 1044 yard target was 8". I don't have all the target dimensions but you can email Brad and get them.

His email is one their site www.azprc.net I don't know it off the top of my head.

Reply #3
Joe, I heard you hit the 8" plate at 1044 yards!  Thats only been done a couple times.  Nice job to Sin City precision, and congrats to our Team Storm Shooter Regina!

Reply #4

Joe, I heard you hit the 8" plate at 1044 yards!  Thats only been done a couple times.  Nice job to Sin City precision, and congrats to our Team Storm Shooter Regina!

I got lucky on that one! I should of bought a bunch of Power Ball tickets while I was in AZ! From what Brad says I was the second person to connect with that target. It was a great way to end the match. Regina has been putting a hurting on all of us! I'm looking forward to shooting the AZ LRPRS match, this will be my first time down there.  :)

Reply #5

I got lucky on that one! I should of bought a bunch of Power Ball tickets while I was in AZ! From what Brad says I was the second person to connect with that target. It was a great way to end the match. Regina has been putting a hurting on all of us! I'm looking forward to shooting the AZ LRPRS match, this will be my first time down there.  :)

The harder you train the luckier you get!  Nice shooting Joe!

Reply #6
I need to get a truck or just ride my dualsport out there from now on... love that place..

Reply #7
Were going to start camping there the day before the match. It's exhausting doing it the way we have been. When we have an extra seat your more than welcome to it. If you need we could leave the car on the road and shuttle you up the rest of the way.

Reply #8
Joe C.....8" plate at 1044 yds. .....Man you are really good!  :)
The latest caliber or gear is no substitute for experience and skill.  Rifles and cartridges don't make hits-----shooters do.

Reply #10
Hey, Joe  I would have liked to be there and watched the shot.  Dumb luck or not,  It has to give you a rush to see the bullit splash at 1044 yds.  I'd want you on my side.  Good shooting and thanks for the pics.  I enjoy them.  John Goodney.

Reply #11

Joe C.....8" plate at 1044 yds. .....Man you are really good!  :)

I have my moments but that one was dumb luck!

I think that i should add that its not just a flat 1000+yard range.  You are shooting from a mountain top, somewhere around 8000 ASL, across 2 converging valleys to an 8" plate.  The wind that come out of those 2 valleys is brutal.  The flags can be blowing left but your bullet can end up way right or visa versa.  I shot imitatively after joe and the wind had completely changed directions in the 1 min since his shot but his elevation call was perfect for me too.  My second shot landed just left  :(