Skip to main content
Topic: Does a Lead Sled have a place in load development? (Read 220 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Does a Lead Sled have a place in load development?

Reply #15
I have personally seen 2 scopes destroyed by hard recoiling rifles sitting in Ledsleds.  First was a Remington 700 in 338 Win. Mag.  Scope was a Burris 4X12 I'm not sure of the model.  First two shots seamed to go fine but after the third there was no way to adjust the scope any more, it had failed internally.  The second was a Browning BLR in 300 Win Mag with a middle of the road Leopold 3X9 scope.  Scope lost all adjustment after the first shot.  Neither rifle appeared damaged, but I never heard if there was any damage.  Now when we have our Public Sight In days at our range and a person brings a Ledsled we explain what may happen and if he, or she wants to still use it, they have been warned.  If a person asks if we have one they can borrow we explain why we do not.

Re: Does a Lead Sled have a place in load development?

Reply #16
On BIG guns to get them on paper lead sled are OK.  But, when you have to get down to the serious stuff.   Just wear rubber underwear.
Remington 700 6.5CRM Vortex Viper 6-20x44