Skip to main content
Topic: Remington???? (Read 156 times) previous topic - next topic

Remington????

Went back into the vault looking for trade bait.  Holding a never fired Remington 7600 280 Rem 50th Anniversary.  Only 500 produced for a Grice's contract around 2007.  Beautiful wood and solid metal engraving. Tried to figure out a fair asking price.  During my search, saw a lot of vanilla 7600's going for $1200-$1300.  Can't determine if the Remington firearms lines are still running.  If the prices have jumped that much, I will keep it.
If you have the shot, take it.

Re: Remington????

Reply #1
I've got nothing against Big Green but if they do get up and running building guns again I think it will be the cheap stuff like latest offering 783?? hopefully I'm wrong but I doubt it.
Dave

Reply #2
Dave,
I also will be wary.  Will keep my Wingmasters, a 7600 in 7-08, a Model Six in .308 and my Desert Storm welcome home gift to myself, a left hand Kevlar stocked 700 in 7 mag.  Lots of memories made with these tools since 1971.  Frustrating to watch suits run great companies with solid reputations into the dirt.  Anxious to see the Marlins Ruger is making.  S&W dropped T/C and still seeing ads featuring Waddell, Shockey, and Greg Ritz, who was the T/C CEO pushing T/C.  WTF?  Saw a hunting show the other night and Ritz was shooting a Traditions muzzleloader.  ???

Reply #3
Remington will emerge again sometime somewhere just like Winchester. If it will be Big Green or not remains to be seen.  The product line is sound, it's the loss of quality that is the problem.  There may be some things dropped that are poor sellers, but if the quality is there at a fair price they will survive albeit smaller in size.

Reply #4
Update:  Consigned the NIB,  1 of 500, 50th year anniversary 7600, 280 Rem at a LGS today.  He was a little taken aback at my asking price.  Asked if he had looked at the going rate for vanilla 7600's.  He had not. If there are no takers in the next couple of months, back home to the Bat Cave.