Skip to main content
Topic: Did you shoot today?  (Read 603 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Did you shoot today?

Reply #30
May be dependent on where your at.. i dunno.. when it happens here at home its loud..
Grant

Reply #31
I've never had this happen before....so I didn't know what to expect.  I didn't realize this was happening until I went and looked at the target closely.  Wish I had known this sooner and paid more attention.  lol
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #32
Mine were like Jerry said, with ear plugs in, sounded about like a 22
I took my phone and turned on the video recording and aimed down range
and picked it up on video.

Reply #33
Mine were like Jerry said, with ear plugs in, sounded about like a 22
I took my phone and turned on the video recording and aimed down range
and picked it up on video.

Great idea....I'll remember that for the next time.
Bob

Reply #34
I went down to Canberra to a local PRS type match with my son. We okay not great but ended up 5th didn't get a great start as I decided I would try holding only no dialing. First stage was a kyl rack didn't go great for me.

Reply #35
What was the distance on the kyl rack chaz.. them can be tough to hit
Grant

Reply #36
Didnt shoot much today.. 5 rounds.. i worked up a nice load for my dasher in that alpha brass running 3010 fps with a 105 vld.. but i was concerned that i might be hurting my virgin brass even though it didnt seem like it was.. any way gregg and jerry had both told me their should be a lower node around 2960 and 2980.. my velocity ladder showed a small flat spot at 2967.. so i loaded 5 rounds at that charge and shot them. The cold bore shot was high and right a 1/4 inch the other 4 made a single hole that was small.. 😁 thats what i will fire form the rest of my brass with.. thanks for the node location guys..
Grant

Reply #38
I had to go look up what that target was....shot them before but didn't recognize the Kyl terminology.   Always a fun challenge.
Bob

Reply #39
I shot two days this week.

On Monday, I shot the 6.5-284 Norma at a 1000 yard NBRSA practice session.  The wind was not as bad as I've seen here but it was tricky.  My best group was 9".  Most were in the 16-18" range....not one of my better outings. ...but everyone was struggling.  I stopped shooting groups and used the time to study the flags and shot a sighter and see where it went.  I was able to start getting a feel for the let-ups and holds needed to adjust to the changing conditions.

Today, I did some load development with the 6mm Dasher at 200 yards.   Did some fine tuning on the loads and continue to be impressed.  I'm going to take my best load and shoot the 1000 yards practice again this coming Monday.   A couple targets below.
Bob

Reply #40
Nice rifle driving with the dasher bob.. work has kept me too busy to do any rifle shooting this week.. but i have been shooting my ruger mark 3 hunter 22lr pistol a little at turtles in my pond when i feed my fish.. i thought i had them cleaned out but started seeing more this week.. body count so far this week is 4.. 😁
Grant

Reply #41
Today i shot a 6.5 creedmoor.. started a thread about it and my brake. This afternoon i shot my 6br a few times. Its shooting the 107 match kings really well with rl15. Heres a 10 shot group at a hundred yards and a 3 shot group at 250 yards.. pretty happy with how its shooting.. and i also got a 12 round metal br magazine for it and it cycled flawlessly.  Thats my pinky finger in the pic. A dime would cover both groups but didnt have a dime on me..  :D
Grant

Reply #42
Nice shooting Grant.....got to love that 6BR...lol
Bob

Reply #43
I shot today, first time in a long time at a farther distance.  Set up for 500 yards first. ( 6.5CM ) I was having a bit of trouble with my app, just a bit off, but adjusted for it. Shot ok, but could not get 1/2" moa.  The wind was not strong, from 1-7.5 mph, but it kept changing direction lol. Blowing on the left side of my face and 180 degrees different at the flags at the target. The flags at the target were also switching up to 180 degrees on occasion, but usually only around 40-90 degrees shift. I had my 76 year old dad with me and talked him into shooting my rifle at 500.  He was nervous but after my shot, he put one 1" away from it. He was pretty happy.
 After shooting 10/22's at 100 yards for awhile, we moved to 800 with the 6.5. I took 3 shots and was missing.....scratched my head and looked at my app................ then noticed I had it set to meters since I was at the range last time doh!
I guess thats why my 500 was out a bit. My next shot I hit on the 18.5" square plate but quite low, measured via reticle then noticed the farmer 2 fields behind my target had moved in to combine.  Oh well still had fun but had a lot of mistakes, at least the farming will be complete all around my shooting field starting tomorrow.
I found my velocity was set off on my app as well, I must have been messing with it earlier. Was why my 800 impact was that low. Once I fixed that, my mils data lined up with my dope and measured target via reticle.
Can't wait to get out there as soon as possible.

Reply #44
Its always fun to go long with them.. having your dad go with ya just makes it all the better..
Grant