Skip to main content
Topic: 2021 1000 Yd BR Nationals (Read 838 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 2021 1000 Yd BR Nationals

Reply #45
Definitely hope the weather cooperates for you. Especially the wind. 😊

Reply #46
So far there are 23 per-registered and the club expects that we'll end up with around 30 by the time the matches begin next Tuesday.  The rain looks to be moving out so hopefully we'll have a full dry week.

I bet I could name 5 or 6 tough shooters I personally know that are on that list. It will be a tough crowd with small groups and high scores if the weather is favorable.
I'd like to be there!
Dave

Reply #47
I bet I could name 5 or 6 tough shooters I personally know that are on that list. It will be a tough crowd with small groups and high scores if the weather is favorable.
I'd like to be there!

In the past National Matches shot here, there have been some top competitors present.  I went and just watched one day a couple years ago and was impressed.  I volunteered to help the club so I'm doing sign-in/registration and should be able to meet folks early.  I'm also helping out with the computer efforts for entering scores.  We moved a bunch of benches last Monday from 1000 yards to 600 yards.....a lot to do to be ready.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #48
It is a big task and one that requires a lot of coordinated effort. I participated in a three day event  with 60 shooters this past summer at the Rendezvous in Missouri. Tom Jacobs put on a clinic of how a match should be run efficiently and smoothly. Tom and his support crew worked like a well oiled machine. I learned a lot from watching the unspoken coordination between the team members.

Reply #49
Jerry, you are correct that hosting the event is a lot of work.  We are fortunate to have a number of folks with experience to make sure this goes off smoothly.   The challenge, that I am sure a lot of clubs face, is that the membership is getting old(er).  We just lost someone to cancer and others are dealing with family medical issues.  It is important that we bring in new younger members, which has been a challenge.  I am always on the lookout for new recruits. 
Bob

Reply #50
It’s the same situation at CRC. When I took over the 1000 yd match director position in 2020, I thought I could build the program significantly in a year or so. Even though our program is up and running, it’s been an absolute uphill battle to gain new members. Next year I’m going to add in the IBS protocol for Tactical BR rifles hoping that will pull some new shooters in.

Reply #51
The first day is in the books.  We had 27-28 competitors today and there was some wind but not too bad.  There were folks from Washington, Oregon, Idaho and I believe Nevada.  Everyone was great, some more outgoing than others.  I attached a shot of the 600 yard line as well as folks ready in the pits.

The results are not in yet so I don't know who's leading or where I'm standing.  I do know that the 6mm CM didn't shoot as well as I had hoped in Light Gun.  I am way down the board based on group size.  I may still do OK on score.....my consistency may hold up for a decent 3 target aggregate...not enough to trophy but at least respectable.   The Dasher on the other hand, did very well in Heavy Gun.  Since I haven't seen the scores I don't know how well it did but given the conditions, it was grouping nicely and mostly in the blue.  I'll find out in the morning.
Bob

Reply #52
Thanks for the report- keep them coming!

Reply #53
Thanks for the report bob.. were all rooting for ya.. keep us posted..
Grant

Reply #54
I was thinking about you and this match today, can't wait to see some scores. Keep at em' it's never over until it's over!
Dave

Reply #55
Uncle Ted & Jeff L are doing well LOL

Dave

Reply #56
Yes they are!

Reply #58
Day 2
Dave