Skip to main content
Topic: AR-10 Build in 6.5 Creedmoor. Help needed ironing out the parts list (Read 116 times) previous topic - next topic

AR-10 Build in 6.5 Creedmoor. Help needed ironing out the parts list

I am building a kinda do all 6.5 C gas gun.  I am only married to a few items the rest I am open to.  I would hoping to get .75 average groups or better with in a reasonable budget ( i know gas guns and bolt guns are way different).  The build list as of know is:

Parts I have
Aero upper, lower, and LPK

Must have
AGB  will either be a SLR, Odin or JP
What I am thinking
Barrel: is either Odin works 22" XL gas, JP 22 w/XL gas, Wilson 20 or 22 w/std gas or Criterion 20 or 22
Muzzle Brake: Fortis Red 30cal or JP Large Profile
HandGuard:  JP MkIII Rapid config or Odin Works O2lite
BCG: JP HP  or Aero HP
Stock Magpul PRS Lite (if it ever comes out)
Buffer and Spring: H2 (not sure on this)
Trigger:  Trigger Tech Diamond

Optics will come later so no need to worry about that, and I am in no hurry which is good because nothing is in stock anywhere.  So as things come open I plan on slowly getting the rest of my build together.

Please any and all advice is welcome.  This gun will kill a lot of paper, maybe a few predators and possibly a cow elk if I draw a tag for that, all though I do have several other bolt guns that fill that bill.  Weight and accuracy are the two big concerns.  And it seams like those to things all ways come at a price.

Thank you all
Matt

A shot not taken is one happy damn Prairie Dog !!

Re: AR-10 Build in 6.5 Creedmoor. Help needed ironing out the parts list

Reply #1
Matt,
First of all, welcome.  Some fellow members mentored me down a similar path a couple of years ago.    There are some "AR Whisperers" here that are happy to help. Gas masters.  Have a Grendel and a CM that are crazy accurate/deadly and as much fun as anything you can do with your pants still on.  But, "with age comes wisdom." Will probably get your inputs PM. "I'm not paranoid, but know they are out to get me."  :))
Wayne
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #2
Thank you for the warm welcome.

Reply #3
Welcome.  You will like it here.  The depth/breadth knowledge of this crew is impressive.  Runs the gamut from world class competitors, precision reloaders to one shot, one kill hunters like me.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #4
I must be at the correct place then.  Just so many variables on the large platform AR's, but they are just so damn fun to shoot.  I also like a good challenge and like building/assembling stuff.  If I wanted an easy button I would just buy a Tikka and be done with it.  But where is the fun in that.

Matt