Skip to main content
Topic: Grant Co. Match 1 (Read 174 times) previous topic - next topic

Grant Co. Match 1

The wind blew 2 of my shots off and DQ'd me in LG, I fared pretty decent in HG for my first 600 yd match since August.

Dave

Re: Grant Co. Match 1

Reply #1
Match 2 results are not up yet and I fared much better in it. I'll add them when they post on the IBS website.

For reference Steve Hoskin is the 2020 Shooter of the Year for IBS 600 yard competition
Carl Sandoff is the 2020 MN State LG Champion for IBS 600 @eas1949 Eric's son
Greg Wahlstrom is the 2020 MN State HG and overall Champion for IBS  600

Small but tough crowd LOL

Dave

Reply #2
Dave, you definitely had some stiff competition.  A 2.815 4 target aggregate is very respectable...if not downright awesome.  We just had our local 600 yard NBRSA match yesterday.  I wasn't able to attend due to a conflict so I don't know what the conditions were like.  I'm guessing there was some serious wind since there were a number of whole groups off paper.  But the score that took 1st place (3 target aggregate) would not have made your top 10.  So well done !!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #3
Probably not a far comparison against the NBRSA local results.  I just noticed that your HG is still 5 shot groups while our HG was 10 shot groups.....but our best 3 target LG aggregate was 2.389 with 2nd place coming in with a 3.229.  
Bob

Reply #4
I'm not sure which version of HG I like more. If I had a 60# gun I'd want to shoot it more (10 shots) for all the effort to set up LOL

I've got the Panda weighing 17.6# now and could make it heavier (18.5+) and still be able to get it back to 17# if I wanted but it's going to require some serious metal work in steel and I'm not sure I can pull it off before the Rendevouz.

Shooting a LG in HG I like the 5 shot IBS format though.
Dave

Reply #5
We have a couple 'heavy' guns that compete but most of the guys shoot a light gun in both HG and LG.   Or like I did and took a LG and added some weight to the forearm to get it around 30lbs.  But from a setup perspective, it is pretty much the same process as a LG.
Bob

Reply #7
Definitely a nice HG group in Match 1.  Competitive and knocking on the door to a win.

Reply #8
At the Colorado 600 yd Championship last October, my 2 gun agg on Saturday was 2.524 and on Sunday it was 2.734. And they still weren’t good enough to win the Championship! 😂. Good stiff competition is what keeps pushing you to do better.

Reply #9
Here's match 2

Dave

Reply #10
Very nice!

Reply #11
Great job Dave
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith