Skip to main content
Topic: My Only Creedmoor Hunt. (Read 307 times) previous topic - next topic

My Only Creedmoor Hunt.

Does a 6.5 Creedmoor hunt count if no deer were seen and consequently no shots taken.  Guess that is why they call it Hunting and not going out Deer Shooting.

Re: My Only Creedmoor Hunt.

Reply #1
Yep, most definitely counts.

Reply #2
I took my very first creedmoor barrel hunting about one week after i installed it. It shot well and a buck fell on its first outing. I'm putting together as many as i can to give to my sons and grandsons. There are 4 or 5 in the safe now. This winters stroke scare hasme knowing how close I was to going home with dad & grandpamakes me think i should begetting my stuff in order is very important just in case there is a follow up.we never know what is in store for us!
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #3
A dry hunt often means you’re not just out there to “kill something”.  👍

Reply #4
Biggest misconception is when I hear, "what did it score?" Hunting is not a competition. Scores Are used to determine outcomes of competitions. I've saw the obsession of deer hunting scores ruin great friendships. Surely I like to shoot big deer but dont set my heart on getting the biggest.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #5
Biggest misconception is when I hear, "what did it score?" Hunting is not a competition. Scores Are used to determine outcomes of competitions. I've saw the obsession of deer hunting scores ruin great friendships. Surely I like to shoot big deer but dont set my heart on getting the biggest.

Amen.  Will admit I find a small amount of pleasure when a quality buck I have committed a lot of time chasing, "whoops my a**."  Gives me inspiration and motivation for the next season.
If you have the shot, take it.

Reply #6
 Seeing as how I'm primarily a meat hunter, scoring seldom enters into it. Unless it's one of those "mines fatter than yours" things. I just get great pleasure from having an armed bushwalk. If I get a deer great, if not there's always the supermarket.