Skip to main content
Topic: CRC 1000 BR Match #1 (Read 185 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: CRC 1000 BR Match #1

Reply #1
What happened?  5 inches is large for you and that was best group.

Reply #2
😂
I also DQed with a 5 inch group off LG target #2. Had a Smokin’ match going until then. Still happy with the  HG wins.

Reply #3
A couple savages in the mix i see.. 😏

Good job  jerry
Grant

Reply #4
Yes and one of those Savages did very well from a precision stand point. The owner was an experienced shooter trying his hand in benchrest for the first time. He quickly realize the bag disruption created by a stiff bolt lift. He is coming back next month with a Panda. He is going to be a very good benchrester in short order. It’s fun to watch and coach new shooters and see them go from fumbling around to confident precision on target.

Reply #5
Yes and one of those Savages did very well from a precision stand point. The owner was an experienced shooter trying his hand in benchrest for the first time. He quickly realize the bag disruption created by a stiff bolt lift. He is coming back next month with a Panda. He is going to be a very good benchrester in short order. It’s fun to watch and coach new shooters and see them go from fumbling around to confident precision on target.
I see you shot "Blue" and gave "Red" a weekend off.
Congratulations on your hg scores.

Reply #6
Nicely done Jerry
Dave

Reply #7
Red has 600 yd duty, blue gets to play on the long field. 😊 They are both a bit miffed with me for missing a couple wind calls over the last two matches.

Reply #8
😂
I also DQed with a 5 inch group off LG target #2. Had a Smokin’ match going until then. Still happy with the  HG wins.

Nicely done in HG.  Being that consistent with HG is tough.  
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #9
Nice Jerry!  Must have been a little breezy judging from the groups.

Reply #10
Robin the wind was actually pretty light for us - 8 to 12 mph. But it was rapidly and randomly switchy.  Couldn’t get a consistent pattern to ride. It DQed me on target 2 and was creating a bit of foul language being mumbled along the line for others.  Three of us DQed in the same relay. Hey it’s a 1000 yards at CRC, what can I say?!?😄

Reply #11
Yea...I'll take a 20mph cross wind that holds the angle well over a 6-8 twitchy wind for certain. 

Reply #12
Great shooting Jerry.
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith