Skip to main content
Topic: upcoming steel match (Read 736 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: upcoming steel match

Reply #30
The turret clicks on mine are pretty firm. Can’t image the setting moving with normal rifle handling.

Reply #31
Same with mine and the turret is kinda stiff to raise and lower
Grant

Reply #32
Only scope I prefer over it for shooting LR steel is a 7-35 ACTAR. Think you could drop it off a cliff, pick it up and shoot it with confidence.

Reply #33
$3000 and it doesn’t shoot any better than the razor. Glass is a little better.

Reply #34
Yeah if I am dialing elevation on a stage I will leave it up but if shooting a hold over stage or one target from multiple positions then I lock it so I won’t get an accidental spin. I leave the windage knob locked all the time.

Reply #35
You said you can use 2 rifles, 1 for for all the stuff except for the 1 mile shot.
Which one WILL carry to a mile the best would be for that and which one are you
more comfortable with for all others under 1000? It might be the same rifle.
Hope you can figure it out. Confidence is huge.
Plus the sooner you figure it out, the more time you'll have to make
super duper loads for it or them..

Reply #36
I think any of the 3 i shot today has a chance of doing well.. the prc . My mpa chassied 6.5 creedmoor and my 6.5x284.. the creedmoor has the razor on it..  the other two has pst gen 2's.
Grant

Reply #37
If me, I would stay with the 6.5CM out to 1000 yards.  Beyond that, I would go bigger.  Don't know much about the PRC so I would go with the 6.5-284....but pick the one that you have the most confidence in and go with that.  As was said, having confidence in what you are shooting is a big deal.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #38
Bob its my understanding that there will be 2 stages past a 1000 yards.. 1 between a 1000 and 1200 and one between 1200 and 1400.. and then the mile.. i had my heart set on the prc last year and the barrel went south right before the match. Still wanting to see what it will do there..its shooting well .. im thinking i will take it and the creedmoor  and decide when i get there.. lol
Grant

Reply #39
Bob its my understanding that there will be 2 stages past a 1000 yards.. 1 between a 1000 and 1200 and one between 1200 and 1400.. and then the mile.. i had my heart set on the prc last year and the barrel went south right before the match. Still wanting to see what it will do there..its shooting well .. im thinking i will take it and the creedmoor  and decide when i get there.. lol

Sounds like a good plan....all the best, good luck and have a great time.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #40
If only two shots past 1000 and 1400 max I would shoot the Creedmoor for that part and the magnum for the mile shot. No reason to run the magnum that hot and fast for the shots under 1000.

Reply #41
2 stages past a 1000 rob.. ten shots each stage..
Grant

Reply #42
Sorry was early when reading. Even stages I would stick with the Creedmoor  for those shots and go PRC for the mile.

Reply #43
Dang i should throw my 284 win in the mix.. lol
3 at 600.. 3 inches horizontal and 11/2 inches of vertical  :D . Bipod and rear bag off a portable Caldwell light shooting bench.. but this is the gun i struggled with last year.. so it will stay home.. lol
Grant

Reply #44
How about that 280I  that you have?