Topic: Longrange Rendezvous  (Read 500 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Longrange Rendezvous

Reply #15
Break some records guys, nest of luck to you both
11X Grandfather
Part time Savagesmith

Reply #16
I've tested 3 times since getting here. Once yesterday evening, this morning and this evening.

I was planning on shooting the BRA mainly  because I have more brass and it's prepped vs the Lapua improved that after Hunters Pointe I realized I didn't have enough powder left in the 8# H4350 I was on to get through the Rendevous, I do have two more 8#s but neither are the same lot.
So after I got home I shot a powder ladder and the new lot was considerably slower. I didn't get a chance to work up higher until yesterday.

Anyway the BRA on the same powder it's been on magically picked up 40+ fps here on MO so I'm not sure I can trust it here for whatever reason and as of this evening after finding the "spot" on both guns I'm leaning heavily towards the Lapua.

The BRA came back in .4-.5 lower on the same powder and the Lapua came back in 1 full grain higher on the new lot H4350.

Would have been a train wreck if I'd showed up preloaded in either gun but more importantly it shows once again test at the venue you're shooting and it also really shows how useful a chronograph can be for getting back to a known node with a different powder or a different environment.

The BRA was running 3000 fps on the same load / powder it ran 2960 on 400 miles north of here and 700' elevation here vs 1700' at Hunters Pointe or 1200 at Elbow Lake. I think the elevation, heat and humidity made the difference.

So I think I'm pretty close to being sorted out and I'm looking forward to start shooting the match.
Dave

Reply #17
Found a nice spot with the Dasher two tenths of a grain down from the happy spot in Colorado. It’s competitive and I will stick with it through the match. Time now to throw 200 rounds together in the next day. Thank goodness for the air conditioner in the RV. 😊

Reply #18
Jerry is sitting in 7th place in the combined 600/1000yd aggregate. Great shooting and may the wind Gods smile on you and Dave tomorrow.

Reply #19
Wind gods were not happy today for this guy LOL
Dave

Reply #21
I understand it has been a bit on the spicy side for the past couple of days. Keep digging Dave.

I dug the hole pretty deep yesterday LOL but I'm far from done. I'm usually pretty good coming from behind in the last half of the match.
Dave

Reply #22
Good luck guys. Shoot straight.

Reply #23
Looks like Jerry made the top 7 in the "Super Bowl" of BR shooting.
We will see where he ends up. Still a great feat. These are most of the
top Bench Rest shooters in the country brought together in one place.

Reply #24
Awesome.. i suspected he would.. way to go jerry..
Grant

Reply #25
Jerry got 5th place. Quite the achievement. 
In this group is the current record holder of the smallest 1000 yd group ever
and a few other record holders.

Reply #26
Well done Jerry.  Congrats !!  I'm sure you earned it.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #27
I would like to give it a go but, hopefully, I'll be consuming vacation time at Dead Zero at the V2 championship matches ;) .
Robin, Erik Cortina did a video on Youtube and I kept looking for ya.... how did you do?   (I am partial to Louisiana shooters!)

Reply #29
Robin, Erik Cortina did a video on Youtube and I kept looking for ya.... how did you do?   (I am partial to Louisiana shooters!)

I won the first round but got eliminated in the Sweet 16 round.  I had a fantastic time regardless.