Skip to main content
Topic: Longrange Rendezvous  (Read 511 times) previous topic - next topic

Longrange Rendezvous

It’s encouraging to see the advent of two new major national competitions scheduled for next year. @rardoin  has described the new F Class event:

“An F-Class Points Series event, the V² Finale is conducted as a 3-day tournament, with exceptional sponsors. Points, seed rankings, and invites are based off of competitors year long performance at qualifying LR matches around the country. In 2021, the V² Finale will be held 11-13 of June at Dead Zero Shooting Range in Tennessee.” (from rardoin)

This info sounds like the hoops you might have to go through to qualify for the PGA Championship.
Conversely, the up coming new benchrest competition might be more like the US Open golfing event.

The “Longrange Rendezvous”is open to all shooters who register before the 98 competitor limit is reached. Through the four day event, each competitor can only use one rifle under 22 pounds.  Aggregate scores will be used to select a list of 14 shooters who compete for final honors. Scores will be entered from 16 targets, shot at either 600 or 1000 yards. The top 14 competitors will do a shoot off for the final 7 positions to determine winners. The competition will be held at the Vapor Trail Valley range in Missouri June 16 thru  20.  Several of us from this forum have gotten our registrations in and I believe a few more spots are still open. The total registration fee for the week is $350:  $200 pre-registration followed by $150 at the match.  The competitors who are coming, hail from just about every state in the nation - they are the cream of the crop.   I am going to put my best competitive foot forward, but will consider it a win just to meet and shoot with some of the very best long distance benchresters in the nation. It’s a long trip requiring a lot of preparation and time commitment.

Hopefully this will become a yearly event. 😊

Re: Longrange Rendezvous

Reply #1
I was eyeballing the Long Range Rendevous until I saw the date; that would rule me out.  I've never shot bench rest, except testing from a bench, but it would still be a fun learning experience.  I think it is going to be a great chance for comradery and the central location is ideal.  

Reply #2
Looking forward to it for sure. 😊 There are still a few registration spots open!!

Reply #3
I would like to give it a go but, hopefully, I'll be consuming vacation time at Dead Zero at the V2 championship matches ;) .

Reply #4
Sure hope that comes to pass for you Robin. 👍

Reply #5
As of the 18th there were 58 signed up for the Rendezvous
Dave

Reply #6
Few more now I think. Two more that I know of just from CO.

Reply #7
Jerry, that sounds like a lot of fun.  To shoot with the best would be great.  We'll be pulling for you.

I've driven to Topeka to race at the Solo Nationals many times.....Missouri is just a bit further.  
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #8
No complaint on the drive for me. Should be about 11  to 12 hours pulling my RV. Will be a lot further for others. About 17 hours for the western slope CO guys and I would guess about the same for Dave coming out of ND.

Reply #9
14 hours from ND 12 hours from SD

I'm really looking forward to it. The one gun one barrel is a great idea IMO I'm thinking I'll need to be self unemployed by the first of June so I can concentrate on some important stuff like The Rendevouz, The Hunters Pointe series starts the end of May and I plan to make them all.

Dave

Reply #10
Here's the bench assignments for the Rendevous, big names in the IBS Long Range world.

Edit, I copied them from two sources and neither is very good.
Dave

Reply #11
Quick report:
6:30 in the AM at VT range. Shooters already on the line this morning doing some load development.
I pulled in here yesterday at about 10 AM. Dave came in right behind me at about 11:00. Yesterday was a set up day for the RVs and reloading equipment. We shot some ladders yesterday afternoon that say - “hey you better make some changes here”. 😊

Very damp and sultry by midday in this climate. Range is beautiful - Tom Jacobs has put in a lot of work to make this event happen. Some of the big name shooters will be pulling in today - looking forward to meeting them. I don’t know about Dave, but I feel honored just to get to rub elbows with some of these folks.

Reply #12
Good luck fella's.  I'm rootin' for y'all!

Reply #13
Yes good luck to you guys.. now your going to get to shoot in my kind of environment.. 😁
Grant

Reply #14
Thanks for the update.  If you have the time, keep us posted on how you guys progress....I know we're all interested and rooting for you.  Good luck, good shooting and have a good time.
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough