Skip to main content
Topic: 6mm Creedmoor? Maybe!! (Read 312 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 6mm Creedmoor? Maybe!!

Reply #15
I'm thinking of rebarreling a 308 to 6 Creed for whitetail hunting her in TN. My question is COL when running either the Berger 108 EH or 115 VLD seated close to the lands. I run the 140 EH in my 6.5 at .030 off and OAL is just over 2.900. The 6mm EH is .143 shorter but until I get the barrel there's no way to get a measurement to see how long I'd have to seat them.

My concern is mag length on the Howa is just barely over 2.8 and I obviously couldn't single load them.

Anyone running either the 108 or 115 that can share the COL?  Sorry about the thread jack

Reply #16
Boondoggle i wouldnt worry about col or jump. Seat them to where they feed in your magazine and do your load work up there..
Grant

Reply #17
I'm thinking of rebarreling a 308 to 6 Creed for whitetail hunting her in TN. My question is COL when running either the Berger 108 EH or 115 VLD seated close to the lands. I run the 140 EH in my 6.5 at .030 off and OAL is just over 2.900. The 6mm EH is .143 shorter but until I get the barrel there's no way to get a measurement to see how long I'd have to seat them.

My concern is mag length on the Howa is just barely over 2.8 and I obviously couldn't single load them.

Anyone running either the 108 or 115 that can share the COL?  Sorry about the thread jack

If you are rebarreling then just get a shorter freebore than the saami .183. Remember you are building it so get what you want.

Reply #18
Thanks a bunch for the advice. I did some ciphering with my 6.5 140 EH load and measurements and the specs on the 108 EH. If my crappy math and thought process is close, COL at the lands should be no more than 2.85 and I've got 2.88 to work with. Since the EHs aren't as sensitive to jump as the VLDs I'm going to take a chance on the rebarrel.