Skip to main content
Topic: Elbow Lake 600 (Read 183 times) previous topic - next topic

Elbow Lake 600

@eas1949

Eric how was the match????
Dave

Re: Elbow Lake 600

Reply #1
Brutal, just plain Brutal.  16 shooters.  Son Carl won light gun score and took 4th in Two Gun overall.  I took 5th in 2 gun overall.

37 degrees and crosswind 18-25 MPH gusting.  Saturday was cancelled; rain and snow.  Match 1 and 2 were Sunday but we only shot Match 1.  Heard it was even worse at Match 2 in the afternoon.

Long underwear and snowmobile suits were the dress of the day.  Shot the Savages as the new rifles we have weren't ready.

Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #2
Still wish I would have made it but couldn't be helped.
Dave

Reply #3
......  Shot the Savages as the new rifles we have weren't ready.

Eric

Congrats to you and Carl. Do tell about the new guns!!!!!
Dave

Reply #4
Congrats!  Wow....those would be brutal conditions even if the temps were normal. Elbow Lake is in Minnesota I presume?

Reply #5
Congrats to you and Carl. Do tell about the new guns!!!!!
 Junior has a new 6mmBR.  Borden Rimrock Action left load right eject, McMillan Tooley stock, Kreiger 7.5 twist 4 groove 28 in,, Bix n Andy trigger.
I have a new Dasher, Berts old Haverkamp LV40 action, Jewell trigger , new Kreiger 8 twist 4 groove 28in, KSA benchrest stock ( 700 rem modified for the Haverkamp) and a new 5-50x56 Delta Stryker Gen II scope.  The rifles are ready to go but haven't done load development yet.

Eric
NRA Benefactor Life Member<br>Crafty Old Fart

Reply #6
Junior has a new 6mmBR.  Borden Rimrock Action left load right eject, McMillan Tooley stock, Kreiger 7.5 twist 4 groove 28 in,, Bix n Andy trigger.
I have a new Dasher, Berts old Haverkamp LV40 action, Jewell trigger , new Kreiger 8 twist 4 groove 28in, KSA benchrest stock ( 700 rem modified for the Haverkamp) and a new 5-50x56 Delta Stryker Gen II scope.  The rifles are ready to go but haven't done load development yet.

Eric

Nice! Look forward to seeing you guys in June.
Dave

Reply #7
Congrats!  Wow....those would be brutal conditions even if the temps were normal. Elbow Lake is in Minnesota I presume?

Yes western MN
Dave