Skip to main content
Topic: A humbling for me.. a challenge for you all..  (Read 2114 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: A humbling for me.. a challenge for you all..

Reply #45
my boy was here today with a couple of his friends shooting.. we let his friends do most of the shooting.. then after they left we decided to shoot are 6.5's a little... we both had them dialed in good for 250 yards and I asked him if he wanted to try the bottle cap at 250...  course he did so we put a waterbottle cap on the string and painted it pink and went back to the bench... he looked at it and said heck i'll never hit that... its moving..had very little wind but it doesn't take much to make a bottle cap hanging on a string move... lol.. so he got on it and sent one down there and smoked it first shot... he was all smiles...lol we went down there and the cap had flipped up over the back of the 2x6 it was hanging from with a hole through the top half of it... so we moved it up the string and put another one on the end of the string and back to the bench... my turn... the pressurs on im thinking so I send my first one to a 2 inch plate and dead centered it... course he said that wasn't fair...lol my second round sent to the cap and I hit as well... he went for the other cap and missed a couple times then smoked it his 3rd try... for not shooting all the time the boy is a heck of a shot...
Grant

Reply #46
Remember, Hathcock was using FMJ bullets so it likely did pass thru all the lenses.
Anyway Gman, ya done good. If'n thet wuz a Revenoover you'd-a finished him with the first shot and saved yer still.

Eric B.
"I can stop buying guns and gun stuff anytime I want - I've done it hundreds of times."

Reply #47
I had to see if the green hornet was up to the bottle cap challenge.. she was more than ready to dance..  :))
Grant

Reply #48
At 430 it's a challenge, but at 50 yds. even Jerry could hit it.   :o   LOL

Reply #49
doubt I could even see it at 430 Gregg... but wore it out at 250... :))  guessin jerry could wear it out as well..lol
Grant

Reply #50
 :D  :D i had to see if my new build was up to a challenge today.. the 6.5 prc has been shooting well.. target is a 3/4 inch pvc pipe coupler.. distance 430 yards.. wind at my back around 10 mph.. had shot 3 on my plate to verify poi.. drilled the coupler my first shot..  :D
This prc is pretty sweet.. the little plate above the big one is 2 inch.. the coupler is about a inch wide and 11/2 inches tall
Grant

Reply #51
At it again..  ;D target.. a little ball... distance 430 yards.. a challenge for sure.. for me any way..
Rifle.. 22 creedmoor.. bout 10 shots later i put it up.. lol
Rifle... 6mm creedmoor.. after putting 3 on my plate i got the ball with my second shot at it..
The ball is about a inch and a quarter..
Had a 4 or 5 mph wind from 11 oclock..
Grant

Reply #52
Nice !!
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough

Reply #53
I know this is a old thread but it was a fun one for me.. so i will add to it.. i was refreshing my dirt berm up behind my 250 yard range and painted all my plates. Replaced a couple bolts in them and theirs a short piece of heavy chain hanging there that i had welded a big nut on and had shot it of.. so instead of welding something back on it i run a bolt through the link that had a 3/4 inch head on it and put a nut on it and tightened it down.. painted it pink and headed for the man cave.. pretty windy out so i grab my 6.5 creedmoor in a mpa chassis and razor scope on top and some 140 berger hybrids  and went to my shooting platform.. loaded one in the gun and sent it to a 6 inch plate.. 1/2 minute left.. looked at my turret and it had half a minute left dialed in it.. but it back to zero and sent one to a 2 inch plate and hit.. so loaded another and sent it to the 3/4 inch bolt head.. the chain jumped and the paint was gone from the head.. put the scope caps back on and put her back to bed.. perfect score for the day.. 😎
Grant

Reply #54
What a hoot.....well done !
Bob
If everything seems under control......you're just not going fast enough